Whats your opinion on the AP V2? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 08-13-2008, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
It adds considerable power first of all and yes, it considerably smooths things out.

The AP will come with 91 and 93 octane maps. If you flash it 91 and put in 93, it won't matter. It'll just run like you put 91 in. If you flash it 93 and need to put in 91, you'll want to re-flash it to 91. It doesn't take long to re-flash.

Everyone says that stg 1 doesent add much power, thats stg 2, 1 just smooths it out.

Alright, I will just flash it to 91 oct, so I can be on the safe side and be able to use both octanes

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
Everyone says that stg 1 doesent add much power, thats stg 2, 1 just smooths it out.

Alright, I will just flash it to 91 oct, so I can be on the safe side and be able to use both octanes

you are going to be wasting your money if you run 93 on a tune that is meant for 91.
#33 Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
yes, putting higher octane than the car is tuned for will just make it run a little richer. Not really a problem and if the tune was very aggressive, it might even give you some added safety margin but certainly in this case yeah, it's just throw away.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#34 Old 08-15-2008, 07:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner ready View Post
you are going to be wasting your money if you run 93 on a tune that is meant for 91.
I understand that, but not every gas station has 93 oct around me. Its about 50/50. And I would reather have a tune that I can put both in, rather than having an ap tune for 93, and the place only has 91.

Although with a 91 tune. If I put 93 in it, would the car get any more performance out of it/would the car feel better about itself?

I am not really worried about the difference in price between 91-93. It is like $.08-$.10

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
#35 Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
Although with a 91 tune. If I put 93 in it, would the car get any more performance out of it/would the car feel better about itself?
I answered that right above your post.

Again, re-flashing is quite easy. You can easily just have the AP in the glove box and re-flash after filling up at whatever octane.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#36 Old 08-15-2008, 06:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
xspeed, get a protune at Precision Tuning in Lakewood NJ, Expensive but they'll locate everything going wrong with your car and give you a good tune. Check out their website I think it's just precisiontuning.com
#37 Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk02wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to blk02wrx
what he is saying about useing the 91 octane toon is say if he has a 1/4 of a tank of 91 and fills up with 93 he would want to run the 91 tune because he has a mixed tank of 91 and 93. i think thats what he was getting at.

O2 PEARL BLACK WAGON with some modds