Whats your opinion on the AP V2? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-21-2008, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

xspeed9190 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to xspeed9190
Whats your opinion on the AP V2?

So i have Stage 2. And my car runs like ..... well you know. It smells like gas all the time, back fires WOT alot, and gets hmmmmm 190 miles to a tank. I have an 02 wrx AT. I have been reading people say they get like 200+ with stage 2 93 oct flash and like 320 on ECO. What are some real figures to look at. I mean i know i smell gas and back fire cause its REAL rich. but will this AP really heal all. Everyone goes "get it tuned" well no one ever responds when i ask where to go in south jersey. So this is my only solution ATM. and what kind of power gains will i see from stage 2 w/o cobb vs stg2 w/ cobb.

Thanks guys
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-21-2008, 06:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
Well, I can tell you that if you are running a cattless DP, thats why you are smelling the nastiness. Make sure that bitch is on there good too!!!! After I flashed stg2 on my 06 I heard it backfire once and that was AFTER a big rev and not at WOT. I honestly didnt see a difference in gas milage but I KNOW I was getting more than 190 miles a tank!!! You should "get a tune" you will see anywhere from 5-20 HP increase, every car is different. Sorry I'm not from Jersey, but I'm sure someone on here can help u with that. I loved stage 2 in my wrx and cant wait to transfer it ALL over to my STi.

12.7 @ 109
#3 Old 06-22-2008, 03:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I've been getting 300-320 (give or take) miles per tank with my Stage 2 setup. I have a Cobb catted dp and Cobb AP V2 with the Stage 2 93 Octane map. I definitely get on it now and then, but generally driving normally, I see around 300 miles per tank. Also, I don't think my car has ever backfired. It's hard to compare our cars though since yours has an automatic transmission and mine's a 5 speed manual, you have a 2.0 and I have a 2.5 liter engine, and I'm sure our driving styles are different as well.

John
07 WRX
#4 Old 06-22-2008, 07:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

xspeed9190 is an unknown
Well its a 2.0 and i have only one cat left and thats the one on the exhaust manifold. and i dont have much highway driving and i dont drive for to work maybe 8 miles. its like if im lucky ill break 200 miles per tank. i just ordered AP and im hoping it was worth the money for the fuel help and the performance gains.
#5 Old 06-23-2008, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
I have been running stage 2 Cobb OTS map for few months (I am completely catless). So obvioulsy I get some smell, but I have almost no backfire. Also, gas milegage is about the same as stock (maybe a little better).

Since you have no EM right now you should get better mileage once you flash as it will lean out your map a little bit. However, the Cobb maps still run a little rich (for safety reasons) so you will see an even bigger improvement in mileage with a protune.
#6 Old 06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The "backfire" you all are talking about isn't really backfire. Do you know what a backfire means ? Nothing to do with exhaust. It's elctric, plug, etc......

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#7 Old 06-23-2008, 12:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

xspeed9190 is an unknown
by backfire i mean, the fuel is running so rich that fuel ignites in the exhaust system
#8 Old 06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
The "backfire" you all are talking about isn't really backfire. Do you know what a backfire means ? Nothing to do with exhaust. It's elctric, plug, etc......
You are correct. I think the correct term is "afterfire". Regardless a little burble/popping is normal with a TBE. Now if that little pop every now and then goes to a more a bang/loud pop regularly you got a problem and need a better tune.
#9 Old 06-23-2008, 07:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
holy christ..less than 200 miles to a full tank. That's worse than what i get at stage 1 and i gun it all the time.
#10 Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
just get a protune and your problem will go away.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#11 Old 06-24-2008, 12:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

ulfric1 is an unknown
i have been stage 2 for about two months now and i even out to around 20-23MPG.
#12 Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

xspeed9190 is an unknown
So today my boy goes ..i think u have an exhaust leak. so i pop the hood while the car is running and holly crap i felt like i was at a gas station i smelled gas so strong. Im not sure whats wrong.. i didnt have an exhaust leak by the way. I forgot to mention i have the hks ssqv so i know that adds to the richness. what u guys think. I mean i have had all the work done proffessionaly by my friend who builds race cars so i jsut think its in really bad need of a tune .
#13 Old 06-25-2008, 06:51 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
A tune would help with the TBE. But with the stock airbox or stock positioning of the MAF, you arent going to be able to do a thing about the BOV, unless you recirculate it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#14 Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

xspeed9190 is an unknown
Got my AP today and flashed it with STG2 91oct. and i have to say..im unimpressed i kinda feel ripped off. I noticed two things.. it wiped my CELs ..good. and when i go alittle more than half throttle it would usually hit 10 psi now it hits 11. i gotta say im kinda regreting this purchase. is there somthing im missing guys. and just to make sure after flash u unplug the single loop back adapter blue/white. and u unplug the green test plugs.
#15 Old 06-25-2008, 10:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
take that BOV off...and put your stock shit back on... what psi are u hitting at wot? Somethings obviously not right, I dont recall ever hearing anyone say they were unsatisfied after flashing stage 2 with their ap....and I dont know if the 02's are different from the 06's but I never messed with any blue/white adapters...just the green test plugs in my 06 wrx and my 05 sti...Did u put a dp on??? I hope u didnt flash stg2 with the stock dp...

12.7 @ 109