what should i do first to my wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

pollock is an unknown
what should i do first to my wrx

was wondering what i should do first to my wrx? i was told i should do the silencer delete elbow with a drop in filter,,, anyone else have any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-15-2011, 11:32 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC This is a very helpful guide to modifying your subaru. Read through it, search for parts and come up with a plan/path to follow and stick to. If you have questions about parts or companies feel free to ask.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 01-15-2011, 07:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
whatever your little heart desires! but make sure its a proper mod and not some hack or something dangerous. also search, there have been many before that asked this question and i know many people offered their mod plans or personal experience. it will just get you your answer faster.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#4 Old 01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
my honest opinion it would be to not mod anything. a turbo'd car that old would scare me! ive worked on a 04 with only 58k and the amount of oil built up in the TMIC was horrible. i personally would take almost everything off the motor and clean the HELL out of it! engine bay, hoses, tubes, bolt on parts, nuts, bolts etc!! (freebie)

then i would do an oil change ($30-40). at 3000 miles i would do another and take a sample of oil for an analysis ($25). after i got the report back id make sure i have a happy and clean motor. then id get an Air/Oil separator or catch can to keep my parts remaining clean! ($200-300).

then id pull the spark plugs and do a compression test to make sure my piston rings are happy and that the motor can take some upgrades. a leak down test could also be done. id also pressure test the inlet and turbo and manifold etc with a home made tester. ($10)

after all that id start with the basics, tune first and foremost as the stock tune kind of sucks.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#5 Old 01-22-2011, 04:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXCHOPP is an unknown
First you need to learn how to drive the 220hp that they come with.
Also I cant understand how some people think a 2002 is old try keeping a Rusty 1990 DSM with 200k and 20psi running haha hop that thing up