What's the stock boost level for our cars? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 Old 01-29-2003, 09:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

chrisle is an unknown
well since wrx's already run low 14's with 13.5psi, how fast in the 1/4mile would a 17psi wrx run?? since 17 seems to be the highest it'll go on the stock turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 Old 01-30-2003, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

AWD WRX is an unknown
I know how you feel with the T-25 I used to have a 92 GSX and the stock turbo had to go along with some other mods that were added

And at 17 psi you will still be in the 14's but it will be faster if I had to guess I would say best would be 14.o if all you had was a boost controller and you made a good pass with a good driver.
post #18 of 31 Old 01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

WagonRex is an unknown
The 92 GSX had the 14B turbo , which can flow almost DOUBLE the cfm the T-25 can......
I had a 92 GSX , so I know ....I still have the turbo off it , and was planning on installing it on the WRX , since it will support about 330 Hp easily.
Buschur Racing is working up a retro-fit kit for it.
post #19 of 31 Old 02-02-2003, 12:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

chrisle is an unknown
well lets say i had a boost controller, plus other mods such as intake, exhaust, headers, blow off valve, and other little mods. how fast would i be running then?? i expect somewhere in the mid-high 13's
post #20 of 31 Old 02-02-2003, 01:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

WagonRex is an unknown
I'll let ya know as soon as Bandimere opens again

I'm expecting mid-high 13's just with 17psi....even at this altitude.

The turbo is the biggest hold-back , and the injectors are only good to about 300 Hp.

So with just those 2 , I'd say low 13's
Throw on an catless exhaust , and CAI , probably 12's :eek:

WRX's respond VERY well to mods , $1000 probly get ya 40+ Hp
post #21 of 31 Old 02-02-2003, 06:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

chrisle is an unknown
so your saying the stock turbo, can make the wrx run 12's or low 13's?? just with a boost controller, bigger injectors, intake, and exhaust??
post #22 of 31 Old 02-03-2003, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

WagonRex is an unknown
The stock turbo will probably get into the low 13's , yes... You'll definitely need a bigger turbo , and injectors , and exhaust , to run 12's.
The only problem being that the T-25 runs out of boost ability too quickly , since its just 3.5 psi short of being maxxed out , already. I'm planning on swapping in a old DSM TD05H (14B) with a lot more CFM capability....that'll MAYBE get 12's.....
I know people with almost stock (except boost-controlled and bigger injectors) DSM's that can run 12's , even at this altitude.......
post #23 of 31 Old 02-04-2003, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

AWD WRX is an unknown
The T-25 can only hold 12psi it can spike to 18 but it will drop dramaticly the 14B on the other hand can put a DSM into the 12's with a serious amount of mods. But I have already had this argument on I-Club the DSM and the WRX are very different in most aspects dealing with the ECU. The 14B will not make 330hp to the wheels I also had a 92 GSX and I spent money all over the place before I modified the turbo unless you modify the 14B you won't get much more then the stock turbo on the WRX because the wrx turbo is almost as big as the 14B just check the flow charts and you will see what I mean. The WRX with a piggy back system responds very well to mods but without it the wrx pulls timeing all over the place which deprives your car of a good amount of power.

And to chrisle withe mods your talking concidering it's a turbo back exhaust you will run 13's but you have to run it to find out because you can never get the true time unless you run it. So basically don't bench race to find out just run your car. But you will run 13's I can't say high or low because that depends on driver.

Nothing against you but I am tired of seeing guys say well this guy has this and he runs this and I have the same set up so I should run the same time which is not true. Their are to many variables to look at I can't exactly say elevation because a turbo car does not recieve the correction a normaly aspirated car does. But driver and other things like track conditions do make a difference. Any way what I am saying is if you want to know what you are going to run then you can't ask you have to run it to find out.
post #24 of 31 Old 05-21-2011, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

instigator is an unknown
What to do??

I have a 03 wrx and did some mods, big 16G turbo, fmic, silocone intake hose and a injen air intake to that. I have a boost controler and full 3" out the back. Oh its a automatic,
My prob is the cars boost keeps going little over 25 pounds of boost even when I turn the boost cont all the way off.

The check eng is on and before I fixed the turbo gasket to the man the code said something about the waste gate. Now I put new gasket in its still on and now dosn't bring that code up but said check owners man???

I know the auto has more boost than the mans but what is a safe boost and how do I fix the boost spikes and high boost prob? Thanks Darren
post #25 of 31 Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Im sorry but i have to say...why would someone put man boost controller on a car that the ecu is controlling the boost perfectly fine. I would strongly suggest you guys go back and read around the newbie forums and faqs. If you want more boost just put a turboback exhaust on and get a protune. You will be safely getting 16-17 psi and you won't destroy your engine by putting a part that has no business on one of these cars unless tuned for. Just my .02 not trying to be rude just trying to help.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
post #26 of 31 Old 05-22-2011, 05:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I hope what he meant by [full 3" out the back] was that he is running a TBE. Question is....Is the car tuned now? If yes, what kind of tune is it? OTS or protune? I'd recommend getting rid of the MBC and getting a tuner to install the 3 port bcs then tune it. The car would thank you for it, if it could speak Because a OTS map will not account for the intake or FMIC. Get a protune.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #27 of 31 Old 05-28-2011, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Weak....i see an avg boost of 8psi. And at times will hit 10 Could this be because my turbo has over 80k on it?
post #28 of 31 Old 05-28-2011, 06:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
It sounds like your running on wastegate pressure almost. You might have a boost leak, missing the pill, or a something else wrong with your turbo.

Kirt
post #29 of 31 Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
It sounds like your running on wastegate pressure almost. You might have a boost leak, missing the pill, or a something else wrong with your turbo.
What do you mean.....missing the pill?
post #30 of 31 Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, did you mess with your bcs lines at all? There should be a restrictor pill in the one side of the T fitting on the stock set-up like below.

For more info: CobbTuning.com - How Subaru’s Factory Boost Control System Works

Kirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement