What are the proper/correct mods i should install w/ my 16g? - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangster View Post
Where can i find this evo3 16g for a good price from a reputable seller?
Used. Good vendors make upgraded versions now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzanic View Post
Evo x forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
any vendors you'd reccomend brfatal? im a newbie to these car forums....steer my in the right direction please. Or should i really just be saving a couple extra bucks for a blouch? Be honest here.....

ANy links or specific vendors on this site? I have $ for a new turbo....just lookn for the right one.
#48 Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Blouch, Forced Performance, or Tomioka.
#49 Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Now back to the fun stuff...

Im gettn a blouch 16g-xt turbo. I already plan on gettn it coated but what does the other upgrade options provide?
-8cm turbine housing
-10cm turbine housing
-wrx oil feed line

Thanks guys. Sorry for all the questions. But id like to get this right the second go around. Im on the right track now. The pos godspeed turbo is in route back to the seller.
#50 Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
10cm is too big. It will be too laggy.
#51 Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
10cm is too big. It will be too laggy.
Ok....Well. What will the 8cm upgrade do for me? What about the wrx oil feed line. A little insight on these additional upgrades to the 16g-xt would be nice.
#52 Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It will be closer to the spool time you have now. maybe 300-400rpm slower that it is now.

Of course, you can do different things to the 16g to bring that back down.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#53 Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
The WRX oil feed line is possibly the stainless steel woven oil line. Call Mike Blouch if you want to make sure. It just makes it a little more rigid to keep the oil flowing through it better and a little safer to under the hood cuts and punctures. Well, safer than a rubber hose. Its up to you.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#54 Old 04-19-2012, 11:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
The WRX oil feed line is possibly the stainless steel woven oil line. Call Mike Blouch if you want to make sure. It just makes it a little more rigid to keep the oil flowing through it better and a little safer to under the hood cuts and punctures. Well, safer than a rubber hose. Its up to you.
It comes w/ the stainless steel oil lines if you add that option. So I ordered the 16g-xt w/ the thermal coated turbine and additional oil feed lines.

Next-

Brake pads/rotors
Bigger tmic
tune

Then a drive
#55 Old 05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Alright guys....this has been takn some time gettn together my parts pile but im just about there.
I found new turbo xs tmic's for just under $600. So im gonna order one in the next couple days. But w/ all my mods will I benefit from a blow off valve? DO i need one? I hate all the attention they draw. My car looks bone stock and i like it that way. Its already loud enough
#56 Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
The stock one should be fine. If you are still on the original one it could be iffy. If you do get one be sure to just got one that is a full recircualting one and it wont be too terribly loud.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#57 Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Is there any specific turbo inlet tube and intake I should look for to match up really well to my setup?

Ive been buying everything new cause I cant find what i want used. SO its taking a bit of time and a lot more $ than I originally expected. Im around $3k into it now and there is a few more parts I need...thats what i keep telln myself
#58 Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Is it a 3" or 2.5" ?

Either way, get an APS (if you can find one) or a Perrin

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#59 Old 05-25-2012, 05:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

yelljack is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Look into an evo3 16g. It won't disapoint you
FP doesn't make the 16g evo3 anymore, I am not sure of any other companies who make simmilar. They replaced the evo3 with the 68HTA, which according to the last guy who tuned my can potentially make 320wph, don't if it has ever been done...I'll find out in a couple years when I can afford to rebuild my block and crank everything out of my 68.
You could an evo3 used, FP does turbo rebuilds for around $400. But after the price of the turbo and the rebuild it might be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Running a catless turbo back has the potential of causing added boast creep, I am not sure if a 16g creeping could lean you out enough to cause any damage. I went with a highflow DP when I upgraded just to be safe and I still see up to 2 psi creep

Eric
#60 Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

yelljack is more helpful than not
if you just do as much research as posible, shop around and are prepared to do some of the labor yourself you can save a lot of money

Eric