What are the proper/correct mods i should install w/ my 16g? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Whats wrong with TXS? One of those can be grabbed new for like 650ish.
At the moment 650 is kinda spendy for me. Im lookn more in the 2-400 used range. I'll keep checkn out craigslist. Today or tmorw im ordering some deatscheworks 750cc injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I see them used all the time in your price range on craigslist and NASIOC

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#33 Old 04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Look around for a used Spearco or Process West.... Can't go wrong with em. Never heard of MRT
MRT is an Aussie company. In the older days it was a brand that everyone here wanted to have parts from but due to higher costs and increasing availability of parts from other brands they started disappearing in the US. It's a good brand, just not as common anymore.

A used TXS TMIC will run ~$300.
#34 Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
MRT is an Aussie company. In the older days it was a brand that everyone here wanted to have parts from but due to higher costs and increasing availability of parts from other brands they started disappearing in the US. It's a good brand, just not as common anymore.

A used TXS TMIC will run ~$300.
What would you say the mrt tmic is worth?

d.werks 750cc injectors on the way. NOw im lookn around for a used tmic in the northern ca/reno area. Lmk if you guys see any available worth buying

Once my new 16g, turbo inlet pipe, 750cc injectors, warlboro 255 fuel pump, new spark plugs and tmic are installed.....do i need a tune before i can drive it? Or can i take it to a tuner as long as i dont hammer it? Or would my v1 cobb ap work w/ my mods?
#35 Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
After lookn around a bit....I found a new Godspeed gen2 fmic kit for about $370. Is this product any good and how is the install?
#36 Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangster View Post
What would you say the mrt tmic is worth?

d.werks 750cc injectors on the way. NOw im lookn around for a used tmic in the northern ca/reno area. Lmk if you guys see any available worth buying

Once my new 16g, turbo inlet pipe, 750cc injectors, warlboro 255 fuel pump, new spark plugs and tmic are installed.....do i need a tune before i can drive it? Or can i take it to a tuner as long as i dont hammer it? Or would my v1 cobb ap work w/ my mods?
No, you cannot drive the car at all after installing injectors without a retune. And as I stated twice earlier, no tuner can use your Cobb V1 (only whatever maps are currently on it already can be used). It's gonna have to be replaced.

Quote:
After lookn around a bit....I found a new Godspeed gen2 fmic kit for about $370. Is this product any good and how is the install?
As a rule of thumb, anything by Godspeed is garbage. No exceptions come to mind. Also, most tuners won't push a 16G hard enough to warrant a FMIC over a TMIC.
#37 Old 04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
No, you cannot drive the car at all after installing injectors without a retune. And as I stated twice earlier, no tuner can use your Cobb V1 (only whatever maps are currently on it already can be used). It's gonna have to be replaced.

As a rule of thumb, anything by Godspeed is garbage. No exceptions come to mind. Also, most tuners won't push a 16G hard enough to warrant a FMIC over a TMIC.
Thanks for the honesty brfatal. I wish i would have asked this question a couple weeks ago...before i bought that pos godspeed turbo. Good thing its still packaged up. Waitn for my return label and that pos is goin back to the seller. I should have figured there was a reason it was a 1/3 the price of a blouch. Why did I think a new turbo that only cost $330 would be good? I must have been way up in the clouds that day So now im lookn at gettn the blouch 16g...thermal coated, ported and w/ the oil line for about $1100. A bit more cash but atleast it wont fall apart in under 500 miles like most of the gsp turbos ive read about.

SO this sets me back a little bit...but less than that other pos turbo would have. So now im gonna save a few more pennies and get a quality turbo...then a tmic.

Im gonna the 16g route and not bigger now because Id like to keep this car somewhat conservitive.....for now. Then after I save up and get a new tranny/engine(beefy ones), I will then go bigger in the turbo dept....along w/ everything else that goes with it.
#38 Old 04-11-2012, 01:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Look into an evo3 16g. It won't disapoint you

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#39 Old 04-11-2012, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Does anyone else have anything good/bad to say about this turbo. Ive seen those for around $600.

And when it comes to the blouch 16g and 16g-xt what is the difference is perfomance? Does it bolt right on as well? I noticed its a few hunderd more. But at $1100 whats another 200 more?
#40 Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Vendor

Ken@EDI is an unknown
Let us know if you need anything. We have some great deals for forum members!
#41 Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Anyone else support this turbo for the wrx?
#42 Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Lots of people do. It's a nice upgrade for the 2.0L

Heck, it's a nice upgrade for the 2.5L.

Have you looked up dyno's/graphs/researched on nasioc already ?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#43 Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Anyone else support this turbo for the wrx?
Yep..
#44 Old 04-13-2012, 03:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Where can i find this evo3 16g for a good price from a reputable seller?
#45 Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Where can i find this evo3 16g for a good price from a reputable seller?
Evo x forums