What are the proper/correct mods i should install w/ my 16g? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-28-2012, 05:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
What are the proper/correct mods i should install w/ my 16g?

I recently got a small upgrade for my wrx. What other mods should i do to allow my car to run properly when installing a new 16g?

I have a new turbo inlet pipe...16g and a 255 walboro fuel pump.

What size injectors should i get?
And how about a new intercooler? ANd is a tmic neccesary or needed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
A front mount is NOT necessary.
An STi or other larger top mount will do ya just fine with that turbo.

How is your suspension doing?

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#3 Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Get at a minimum of 650cc injectors. Check out NASIOC.com or around for a used TMIC. I run a TurboXS on my 20G setup and it wokrs great. Im sure that would be more than sufficient for your 16G. Also look into a 3 port boost control solenoid like grimmspeed.com and you should be good to go.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
cool thanks guys...

while im buyn these mods il probably add a reaR sway to my wagon as well....but i gotta gew new brake pads as well. -So im gonna order some hawks while im at it. Anything else?
#5 Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Are you setting it up for just daily driving or Auto-x or?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 03-29-2012, 07:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Current mods?
#7 Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Its just my daily driver.

I have a complete catles exhaust already....upipe, down pipe to 3in all the way back. I also have a v1 accessport w/ a stage 2 tune. Im just keepn it simple...for now.
#8 Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
- Injectors and fuel pump
- Intercooler
- Turbo
- New engine management (Cobb completely stopped supporting the V1 and Cobb tuners can't use them anymore)
- Clutch
- Brake upgrades
- Suspension upgrades

If you have a higher mileage car and money is a concern to you, I will say don't waste your time.
#9 Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
- Injectors and fuel pump
- Intercooler
- Turbo
- New engine management (Cobb completely stopped supporting the V1 and Cobb tuners can't use them anymore)
- Clutch
- Brake upgrades
- Suspension upgrades

If you have a higher mileage car and money is a concern to you, I will say don't waste your time.
The clutch has about 10k miles on it. I"ll upgrade my AP eventually....but for now it works just fine.

Im gonna order injectors possibly next week w/ brakes. And I'll start searchn for a used intercooler possibly next week as well. Other than that im pretty much set. Some suspension mods will be next in line after I save some more $$.

The car has 170k on it. I got the car for $2700 w/ a blown motor a few years ago. I think the car had a 130k on it then. We put a used jdm motor in it that had about 70k miles on it. I know this motor is gettn a little old but thats fine. Once its dead I can pull all my parts and get another one. This time when we install the motor I will do a new clutch at the same time. WE didnt do that last time and had to put in a new clutch way too soon.

Just outta curioustiy...what does a new motor cost or rebuild? Nothing too wild but fun.
#10 Old 03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangster View Post
The clutch has about 10k miles on it. I"ll upgrade my AP eventually....but for now it works just fine.

Im gonna order injectors possibly next week w/ brakes. And I'll start searchn for a used intercooler possibly next week as well. Other than that im pretty much set. Some suspension mods will be next in line after I save some more $$.

The car has 170k on it. I got the car for $2700 w/ a blown motor a few years ago. I think the car had a 130k on it then. We put a used jdm motor in it that had about 70k miles on it. I know this motor is gettn a little old but thats fine. Once its dead I can pull all my parts and get another one. This time when we install the motor I will do a new clutch at the same time. WE didnt do that last time and had to put in a new clutch way too soon.

Just outta curioustiy...what does a new motor cost or rebuild? Nothing too wild but fun.
Starting a little over $4,000 for rebuilds and the sky is the limit. I just dropped double digits.

With 170k miles, skip the power upgrades. If you're still on the stock struts, they were probably dead half of that car's life ago. And you need to replace most of the bushings on the car. THAT will make a difference you can see.

I said the clutch because the OE or OE grade replacement clutch will not hold the power. And I said the AP because you can no longer tune with it.
#11 Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Well I already have the turbo...I need a new one so I got a mild upgrade. I have already put new struts on the car. Coilovers are next on the list. I'll do some of the bushings as I upgrade suspension. A nice rebuilt engine will be in my future.

So next weeks purchases....

Injectors of 650cc+
Intercooler
Tmic
brakes

I better get some wk done this week for parts $$$.
#12 Old 03-30-2012, 06:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
70K is nothing. You will be fine on it as long as you keep her up.

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#13 Old 03-30-2012, 06:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Well, 70k + 40k.
#14 Old 03-30-2012, 07:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

That's what mine has on it.... 112K lol

Bahh.... Still in adolecent stages

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#15 Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Mine too, (~110k, haven't seen the car much in the last year so don't know the exact) but at this point the only thing with that many miles on em is the seat belts. !Cry!