What ECU to use? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-17-2003, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxbishop is an unknown
What ECU to use?

Hey can anyone guide me in the right direction please. I am plannin on investing in an ECU probably the UTEC by turbo XS. Is their a step-up after this one, I want the best my money can by so I don't spend my money twice. Cobb tuning says to hold off cause they are coming outwith one in mid-march. Any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-17-2003, 10:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Mattr762 is an unknown
I'm holding off for COBB. I guess the main reason is because it's half the price of a UTEC for equal performance ($395). But if you like to tune your own car them go with the UTEC because COBB's AccessECU does not have that functionality. But you will be able to download different maps if you make a change.

Use it or lose it!
post #3 of 3 Old 03-17-2003, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dr Moreau is an unknown
turbo xs

I recently bought a unichip on Ebay from a Navy guy who was going 'guess where'. Had to sell his WRX and was dumping the goods, so I paid $525 for a three month old chip. Very impressive improvement - noticable low end torque and builds and holds 2 more psi boost. He also sent along the manual boost control which I will install pretty soon. After I get that dialed in I will post a pre & post chart for rpm vs boost.

BTW, I installed the chip myself pretty easily on my lunch hour at work. Only thing missing from the turbo xs instructions was the bit about the special spacers to refit the cover plate, so I spent about 10 minutes puzzling that out - no biggie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement