what to do with this stupid exhaust - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
what to do with this stupid exhaust

anyways i scooped up a 03 this week and it has straight piping (catless) from the turbo all the back back to about the middle of the car (kind of like a super long DP) and then the stock exhaust system is hooked up..however... a butterfly valve is connected between the straight pipeing and the stock..and when you flick a switch it the valve blocks the stock part and sends all the air out of like a dump tube and makes the car run open down pipe i guess...anyways..the car needs work...oil change, brakes, wipers, tires and i dont have much change running around.. except for a new restrictor pill, a up pipe and a tune from my tuner...can i assume this to be a TBE and go ahead with my stage two tune or should i get rid of it and do it in complete straight piping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-22-2008, 11:43 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sounds like a straight forward exhaust cut-out with a switch to open it up. Having run my stage 2 car at the drag strip with both the stock exhaust and a wide open DP (bell mouth style) on the same day, producing identical times, I can say the cut-out is just for show and noise (very good noise, though !) I have considered doing a cut-out on my car, because I would like to hear more when I'm on track (road courses) but don't want loud full time.

To answer your question, I would say yes take it to stage 2, no problem