What Boost to Expect? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

JavaREX is an unknown
What Boost to Expect?

I have the Cobb Assessport (Stage 2) and a turbo-back exhaust. What boost should I expect to see (in bar)? Prior to any mods on my stock gauge (yes I know this isnt perfect but all I got) I was seeing 0.09. Now I only see about 0.10 to 0.11. Is this typical? I have heard of others seeing as much as 0.17 bar???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
That's one of the main problems with reflashes. Each car reacts differently to modifications in the fuel, timing, and boost maps, and to physical modifications. There is no way to achieve a desired boost level with a reflash unless they specifically dyno tune your car for it.
#3 Old 03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

JavaREX is an unknown
Thanks, that makes since. Are my results typical or should I expect more?

My car is significantly faster so that is what really matters.
#4 Old 03-29-2005, 11:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
There aren't really any "typical" results. I have heard of very few people who have had the same results as someone else.
#5 Old 03-29-2005, 03:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

JavaREX is an unknown
If anyone with a similar setup can give me an idea of what boost numbers they are seeing I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
#6 Old 03-31-2005, 12:26 AM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
I hit 1.14 bar as a peak. Same mods but uppipe as well. 1.7 bar is over 21 psi. That is just BS. 1.1 bar is right around 16 psi and the target boost is 16.5 so yeah that would be typical IMO. What was the temp outside, what gear were you in, and what RPM did you get this #?
#7 Old 03-31-2005, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

JavaREX is an unknown
I maxed out at 1.1 bar about one week after the installation of the TBE and Stage 2 Base Map. I have actually noticed that my max boost has settled to a consistent 1.0 bar now. I am testing in 3rd/4th/5th gears full throttle above 3K. My boost seems very consistent and no matter what gear or RPM can get it above 1.0 bar. I understand 1.0 bar is about 14.5 psi which is well below what Cobb targets.

I have read from Cobb when low boost numbers are seen you can use the Stage 2 HWG (instead of LWG) map which will raise boost slightly to expected values? I cant say I truly understand the difference between the maps pros/cons etc. Any thoughts on doing this??

Thanks