Weird vibration - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-26-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Weird vibration

So today I am driving my car leaving work and I am in a parking lot so obviously im not driving very fast at all, I noticed in the low rpms/speeds my car makes a strange noise as if something is vibrating or something along those lines.

I then drove down the road and hit higher rpms going at faster speeds and there was no noise whats so ever for some reason it is only in the very low rpms/low speed like 5-10mph maybe even 15 but then it just goes away and its not constant either for I drove it at like 5-15 consistently and it seems like its just from a dead stop for a few seconds and goes away.

I took it home to my dad and asked him to go for a ride he said it sounded like it was coming from like near the arm rest/automatic shifter and it is alittle bit loose up there but it doesn't really seem like it could make the noise were hearing...I personally thought the noise was coming more from the rear end area of the car...My dads verdict was it is just something rattling and it is not a big deal by any means,but ever since my alternator went and my struts every little noise and thing makes me paranoid...Any one have any idea on what it might be? Or is it pretty likely that that is the case its just a vibration?

Dream Evil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-28-2008, 03:01 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Well if it is a vibration it could be ok, or it could be a bad one (i.e something loose or broken). I would try and narrow it down and go from there. Seems you and your dad are at odds on even where its coming from.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 4 Old 11-28-2008, 03:58 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
How is the carrier bearing in the middle of the drive shaft? If that is worn then you can get a vibration from that.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #4 of 4 Old 11-28-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
How is the carrier bearing in the middle of the drive shaft? If that is worn then you can get a vibration from that.
Yeah I will ask my dad about that he said it could just be a vibration in the drive train that things just get lose after time, either way he said it doesn't really sound like anything that is serious or that I should worry about so I guess I will just take his word for it.

If it continues to bother me or like make me worried I think I will take a trip over by my mechanic and see what he thinks of it.

Dream Evil