Subaru WRX Forum banner

wastegate quesions

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BAMBO 
#1 ·
can anyone tell me why my wastegate sound changing from a cia to a short ram. i have a tial F38 and before i changed it had the shutter that sounded like a rattle snake and now with the short ram it still has the shutter still but it sounds like a dove. thats the best way i can describe it. can some one tell me if thats normal or if i need to fix something. i'm lost please help

#3 · (Edited)
Did you tune for the change in air flow? that might have somethign to do with it? I would say that a change in the sound would be normal as air flow rates would change. Is there any change in power (for better or worse)?

I HAVE A WASTEGATE QUESTION ALSO ! !

-- Running a VF30(let me know if you need more info on specs) which size of TiAL gate should we get??? I dont have a whole lot of expericene with changing wastegates. I know that its the spring rate that is important but even on thier website it doesnt explain much. Any help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.