Warranty Voiding - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-07-2005, 09:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

05bluewrx is an unknown
Warranty Voiding

What mods will void the warranty and what won't.. Sure you can always put the stock on before going to dealership, but what ones can you keep on (ex. Exhaust)??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-07-2005, 10:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
According to Subaru, anything that you put on the car that was not listed on the original invoice when purchasing the car will void your warranty. It's interesting to note, however, that you can buy "SPT" parts from Subaru, have them installed, and even include them in your purchase price for your car, but you have to sign a paper stating that you realize those parts "may void your warranty".
#3 Old 03-07-2005, 10:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

blackwrx03 is an unknown
you can mod your car however you want, there is a law in the us that says a dealer can't void a warranty unless they can prove that the aftermarket parts on the car are the cause of whatever broke.
#4 Old 03-07-2005, 10:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yes. The Magnusson Moss warranty act. However, what they can do is keep dodging you while you go higher and higher up in the Subaru organization, until finally you get tired of dealing with it. I have heard of more than one case where a customer filed a lawsuit against Subaru, and Subaru drew it out over two years.

Basically, just remember if you are going to do any major modifications to your car, you won't be able to get any warranty work done.
#5 Old 03-07-2005, 10:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

05bluewrx is an unknown
Well for a couple of years all I plan to do is exhaust, intake and BOV for engine work.. I just want it to look and sound nice.. do you think that they would be pricks over that?
#6 Old 03-07-2005, 10:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

Something like that would be easy enough to change back to stock if you needed to. And, I sincerely hope you aren't getting a cold air intake....

If so, you may need your warranty after all.
#7 Old 03-07-2005, 10:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

05bluewrx is an unknown
From what I have read short rams are ok..??
#8 Old 03-07-2005, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

blackwrx03 is an unknown
trust me man once you do one mod ## gonna go wrx crazy, i said the same thing at first and then when i did my exhaust one thing led to another and i havent looked back. if your that worried about the warrany maybe you should off for a little bit. i havent had any problems with the mods i have done yet.
#9 Old 03-08-2005, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

shuvlhed1 is more helpful than not
dealer descretion

They could always take a look at your mods, take a look at you, then say you abused the car and void your entire warranty. Not much recourse for that.