Warranty - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-23-2003, 11:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

turbine is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to turbine
Angry Warranty

Will replacing the OEM exhaust for a turbo-back one void the warranty? If so, im going to have to wait for 2 and a half more years to do anything. !Cry! My dad won't let me do anything unless it is cover by the warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-23-2003, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrPearlBlu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrPearlBlu
it would really depend on your dealer, there is a law that basically says for any company to deny warrenty they would have to prove the aftermarket part caused the problem, but from what i have heard if you remove the cats that they might not work on it because it alters emmisions (not real sure on the last part).

catbacks are ok but dont give very much extra power, downpipe doesnt take long to change out put one on and if you have to take it in change it out real quick.

the turboxs utec will give you gains around 30hp to the wheels without any other modifications, it would probably void warrenty but it just plugs in to your ecu so you could pull it out easy.

"it aint cool to be cheap, it aint cheap to be cool"
#3 Old 02-25-2003, 12:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

TrboChgd is an unknown
i have my smog liscence and Techinically (and i mean technically) ANY modification to the stock exhaust system is illegal. Removing any catalytic converters can also get you a felony (out here in California- it depends what state yur in) But very rarely does that happen. If you get a cat back, it will only void the warranty on the exhaust system. if you get an aftermarket system, then you bring it to the dealer and complain of an exhaust rattle- there gonna send you away. But if your radio breaks, and they turb you away you can fight it.

"natural is nice but i'd rather be forced and blown"
#4 Old 02-25-2003, 01:34 PM

Gerlando is an unknown
It may be illegal, but it won't void your entire warrantee. Your dealer might not work on the car if they have to remove any of your mods, but unless the mod is the part causing the problem they should honor your warantee. Of course, YMMV so check some boards and make sure you go with the most mod friendly dealer in town.

-Gerlando.
<a href=http://www.script-install.com>Script-Install.com</a> | <a href=http://www.enjoychuck.com>EnjoyChuck</a>
#5 Old 02-25-2003, 06:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

turbine is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to turbine
thanks for all the help guys. By the way what does YMMV stand for.