Wanting that sleeper look......... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Y2A
WRXtuners Member

Y2A is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Y2A
Wanting that sleeper look.........

Well since my friend with a WRX wants to have a sleeper look, he wants to keep his stock muffler, but he wants an aftermarket downpipe and up-pipe to increase performance. What do u guys recommend? I know this was ###### asked like a million times but since im still a Honda guy , im still trying to figure out parts of a exhaust system on a turbo equipped car . And also, what other mods should he do to increase performance and keep the sleeper look? He doesnt want to attract too much bad attention ### cops around his area are D*cks and a friend of his recently got his integra stolen and almost all the aftermarket parts on his car was jacked when they recovered the car. Ever since this incident, hes kinda freaked out about doing anything too obvious to his WRX(bodykits, rims, etc.), so now he just wants to keep it stock looking, but he still wants to make it faster tho .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-29-2003, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

lobsterhat is an unknown
Turbo XS makes a Stealth Back Exhaust that utilizes the stock muffler but provides a catless downpipe and a high flow cat on the midpipe. I think you can go totally catless too if you want. On top of that, I would get a UTEC, this is the key to any power modifications you make. Just by itself, you get a good gain in HP.

256 WHP on Mustang dyno that measures Stockers at 167.
#3 Old 09-30-2003, 09:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Well, aside from my Greddy cat back, you can't tell mine isn't stock. Even after the next few weeks when I have a VF34, TurboXS TMIC, and better fuel system, it will still look stock from the outside.
#4 Old 09-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Y2A
WRXtuners Member

Y2A is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Y2A
Quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Well, aside from my Greddy cat back, you can't tell mine isn't stock. Even after the next few weeks when I have a VF34, TurboXS TMIC, and better fuel system, it will still look stock from the outside.
be sure to dyno it and run it on the track and let us see the results
#5 Old 09-30-2003, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
M2 performance has an exhaust that looks stock and is as quite as the Greddy one. As for the sleeper look, as long as you dont get a FMIC, your fine.

Che
#6 Old 09-30-2003, 11:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by Y2A

be sure to dyno it and run it on the track and let us see the results
Track, yes. Dyno, maybe. The closest one is TurboXS, which is about 4.5 hours from here.
#7 Old 09-30-2003, 10:00 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'd have your buddy look into some of the dual tip mufflers out there- ScoobySport now makes one.

The muffler is a "funny" piece, by adding a free flowing muffler w/ no other exhaust mods- it only makes about 3-4whp. However, open everything up- uppipe/downpipe (midpipe for some) and now the oe muffler becomes a pretty big restriction- add the high flow muffler now and it's worth 10-12 whp. Thus my suggestion for looking for a oe look dual tip.

Big Sky
#8 Old 10-02-2003, 12:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

turbotnr is an unknown
Hey Cosmo, you probably already know this but Motor Mavericks in Bristol has a pretty nice AWD dyno. I haven't tried it out yet, but when I get more mods on my car i'll head up there try it out. I'm not real sure how far away Salem is from Bristol. Just thought I'd tell you. Just for the record, I got my Greddy catback today (I have IC hoses & perrin oil catch can on the way). I'm goin for the sleeper look also - no stickers, no wing, just speed.

Rob
#9 Old 10-02-2003, 08:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

No, I didn't know that. You have a phone number for them? Bristol is about 2.5 hours or so from here. We're right next to Roanoke.
#10 Old 10-02-2003, 11:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

turbotnr is an unknown
I don't know thier phone # but here's the website. Hope it helps. http://www.motormavericks.com/home.asp

Rob