Subaru WRX Forum banner

Walbro and thermostat ?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  slo2sixty 
#1 ·
Im goin stg3 and ive been looking at pricing on walbros and there all about the same and today i found one that had the pump, filter kit and a thermostat. Is it worth the extra few bucks for the thermostat or no. If so should i order the 160 or the 170 and why. And i live in ny and it gets cold in the winter if that makes a difference (which im sure it does) Thanks in advance. :D

#5 ·
I can't remember. But did you get a STI TMIC or no? Because I think it was you that was going to run the cobb map. I hope your not confusing a TMIC with a thermostat. Top Mount InterCooler is what a TMIC is. Just wondering ;)

#7 ·
GSS-342 is the part number for the 255 pump, I would get the install kit. You should be able to get the pump and kit for around $100. The thermostat is not needed, unless you want to change it.
Don't forget to get the splitter to go with the STI TMIC. You will also need to mod the splitter or get the JDM STI 02 scoop. You could run the stock splitter, but this is not open to whole IC. Please don't run with no splitter, this is worst than running the WRX splitter.

#8 ·
thx old fart (lol old fart rofl) and the car is normally running at 188-205 for coolant temp. and its 113 for the pump and kit and tstat? Just looking for opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.