Subaru WRX Forum banner

Wagon vs. sedan performance

7K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Rain_Racer 
#1 ·
I have read some of the numbers from magazines but I wouldn't rely on those. What are your impressions of the performance of the wagon vs. the sedan?

#2 ·
The Sedan suspension is better (wider and bigger stock Anti-sway bar)

As far as acceleration, I don't see any difference at the track; my stock wagon can run with the stock sedans there.

the wagon weighs 25 more pounds... so maybe your 1/4 mile might be .025 longer since 100lbs = roughly .1s in the 1/4 mile.

#15 ·
I tell ya guys, when I grow old, I'm buying a Forester (if they even exist by the time i grow old ;) ) and I'm modding the crap out of it and making it a 100% true sleeper. Then make all those teens eat the fact they just got beat by a Forester... muhaha

#21 ·
...lest we forget the obvious re 'peformance'

Really enjoyed going down the freeway last night with with more than half my throttle still waiting for me to squeeze the trigger anytime I wanted.

In the back -- framed with glass, and in boxes -- was a stack of a half-dozen large posters.

The best of both worlds!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.