Subaru WRX Forum banner

Vital transmission upgrades?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  LiL Shoaf 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am planning on purchasing a 2004-2005 WRX. I am extremely sketchy about their transmissions, I am looking for a fun winter capable car that is dead reliable(Subaru claims to have long lasting cars). I understand that these cars have problems mainly due to people dumping the clutch. But if I intend to get 250whp+ out of a one of these WRX I want to ensure a safe, long lasting and performing machine. Spending the money for a PPG is kind of out of the question, heh, surely a good choice though.

So the question, what should be upgraded on these 5 speeds in order for them to keep me worry free? It will certainly be slightly abused, I don't believe I could ever drive it like my grandmother.

#8 ·
Not true^^^^

Edwin from andrewtech said they are a decent replacement from stock wrx gears,they are a little wider, BUT no where near as strong as STI gears. Hence the reason why there are only like $1,300. This is FACT, not fiction

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.