Subaru WRX Forum banner

VF39 expectations...

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm getting the '04 tuned Tues and I'm kinda curious what I should expect.

Anyway this is what the car has...

-VF39
-STi pinks
-Walbro 255
-Grimmspeed 3 port
-Big TMIC
-Headers/up pipe(catless)
-3" turbo back(catleess -straight thru muffler)

The car will be dyno tuned around ~90-95 degrees with high humidity possible(supposed to rain here all weekend). The tuner ( Mark Jones Tuning - Home ) has a pretty good rep around here but I'm not sure what dyno he uses. Anyway, any thoughts? I was sort of imagining ~250 wheel...

Thanks.

#4 ·
There are a ton of variables when it comes to dyno numbers. Who cares what max hp and torque #'s you get as its completely irrelevant because of all the variables. What does matter is the baseline #'s and new #'s. People just don't get this.

#8 ·
Ok I just got the car tuned today. It made 265/260 on a Mustang Dyno. This was with 18 psi peak but that quickly tapers to around 13psi. In reality, I'd say it feels more like 225 or so at the wheels but I have not had a lot of time to drive it yet.

I'm happy with it.

#9 ·
Sounds like some good numbers, especially since they say that mustang dynos read the lowest of all dynos. And what really matters is that you are happy with the way it pulls and drives now. Congrats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.