imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
theres a eckutech tuner in macon GA. if u want a eckutech and its close to JAX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx904 is an unknown
At subaru where in Jacksonville they do the ECUTek. But, I like the freedom of the Cobb street tuner.
#18 Old 08-26-2005, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

Orbit is an unknown
if you want big power and the abilty to log and tune. AEM or hydra is the way to go. but expensive i know.
#19 Old 08-30-2005, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
if you want big power and the abilty to log and tune. AEM or hydra is the way to go. but expensive i know.
Street tuner gives you the ability to log and tune, in live mode to boot!. On top of that you have great base maps to start with, OEM driveability from day one, and guess what? With a vf34 a street tuner can make just as much power as a AEM or hydra, or UTEC. At this level standalone is not necessary, you're well within the stock sensors capabilities and it's all about the tune/tuner.
#20 Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Orbit is an unknown
I agree, At this level standalone is not necessary. but some people have gained 33whp + just switching to aem. on evo's and subarus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaeater
Street tuner gives you the ability to log and tune, in live mode to boot!. On top of that you have great base maps to start with, OEM driveability from day one, and guess what? With a vf34 a street tuner can make just as much power as a AEM or hydra, or UTEC. At this level standalone is not necessary, you're well within the stock sensors capabilities and it's all about the tune/tuner.
#21 Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

eighth08 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to eighth08
I guess I am lucky, I have a Cobb tuner 5 minutes from my house, so when I do the fuelpump sti pinks, and vf39 turbo with the Cobb AP, they have an awd and will make a custom map for me to use.. which i feel is just as good.
They rate me at 350hp and 305lbs torque.. once i get that done. Then the turboback and uppipe will probably bring me up to 370hp. which i want to hit 400hp, to be happy.
but i say if you are near a cobb tuner do the AP, you have so many quick options with it.
even if you arent that close to one, id say its worth driving a couple hours.. to get to, cause its not like you have to drive there everyday.

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
#22 Old 08-31-2005, 12:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quack is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by eighth08
I guess I am lucky, I have a Cobb tuner 5 minutes from my house, so when I do the fuelpump sti pinks, and vf39 turbo with the Cobb AP, they have an awd and will make a custom map for me to use.. which i feel is just as good.
They rate me at 350hp and 305lbs torque.. once i get that done. Then the turboback and uppipe will probably bring me up to 370hp. which i want to hit 400hp, to be happy.
but i say if you are near a cobb tuner do the AP, you have so many quick options with it.
even if you arent that close to one, id say its worth driving a couple hours.. to get to, cause its not like you have to drive there everyday.
those are pretty large #'s i take it you mean at the crank? those are still big #'s because stg2 on an STi is 350hp/385tq at the crank. i just don't see over 300whp on a WRX w/VF39, let alone an STi

similar setup to what you are looking at:
stock turbo

vf39
#23 Old 08-31-2005, 12:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

RPFRIDE is an unknown
if there is a tuner in cali that can get close to 400awhp with a vf34 or 39, sign me up for a tune.
IM GOING back to CALI
#24 Old 08-31-2005, 12:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quack is more helpful than not
^^^ i think that tuner might have been dipping into the "medicinal marijuana" :lol:
#25 Old 08-31-2005, 12:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

1bad_ej20 is more helpful than not
Send a message via MSN to 1bad_ej20
yeah, i would be pretty shocked to see too much over 300 whp with a VF39 setup. I'm currently running a VF39, sti pinks, walbro 255, APS CAI, uppipe and turbo back with an EcuTek tuned by dynocomp and on their dyno i only put down a little over 270whp. I think that's pretty much the standard for a VF34/39 setup.

If you want over 400, you'll pretty much have to go with a Garrett setup - GT35R. I would recommend the APS DR series setups. They've even got a new one, the DR80 which is rated for 800 at the crank

As for the original question I know a couple people that are very happy with their Access Port. I guess it depends on what you are doing with the car. (Drag, AutoX, purely street)
#26 Old 09-01-2005, 09:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

eighth08 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to eighth08
I said hp not whp, i wouldnt believe someone who told me i would be at 350whp from that.
I still dont doubt with the right tune with that combo that you could get 350 crank, maybe 330 is more realistic, but thats what i was told.. maybe i left something out.

and a question for 1bad_ej20,
Why a CAI?
Also your friends who are happy with their accessport, what racing do they do? street track or drag? (im curious, cause i do track and am really thinking about the AP, ive heard nothing but good stuff about them)

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.