Subaru WRX Forum banner

VF34, cheapest site?

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  KawBoyz11 
#1 ·
Anybody know the cheapest site to pick up a vf34 from? Everywhere im looking is around $900. Any ideas guys?

#6 ·
It's because of the "dual ball bearing design" which makes it spool faster than the VF30. What they don't tell you is the VF30 spooled slowly for it's size already so being faster than slow doesn't mean the VF34 is amazingly fast. The e3-16G is a good bit larger than the VF34 and spools about the same. More top end, same spool, less money, more reliable, fully rebuildable. Yet so many ppl pick the IHI turbo :(

#7 ·
haha i expected to hear the 16g answer. I agree with you guys completely, the EvoIII 16 is more reliable, its rebuildable, and offers almost the same "quick spool" as the VF34, and has more top end and mid range punch. I had a nice setup in mind to run en EvoIII 16g, but theres a few problems with that. Id need a larger intercooler with the 16g, and Id need an aftermarket BPV to hold the psi the 16g puts out. Also, with the VF34 i can run a Cobb tuned map until i can get to a shop to get a protune. With the 16g, id have to put all the parts on and then immediatley go get the protune. The EvoIII 16g is what i really want, i guess you could say im settling for the VF34. Sorry for such a long post.

#11 ·
Also, with the VF34 i can run a Cobb tuned map until i can get to a shop to get a protune. With the 16g, id have to put all the parts on and then immediatley go get the protune. The EvoIII 16g is what i really want, i guess you could say im settling for the VF34. Sorry for such a long post.
Cobb has a map for a 16G. I would think the money you would save buying a 16g you could put towards the supporting parts needed for the upgrade. I say never settle, just be patient. You will never be happy if you settle. !Thumbs Up

#8 ·
Even with the VF34, you're going to want a bigger intercooler. Also, your tuner can probably send you a base map (or likely just tell you to use the regular 16G one) that will work fine if you don't push the car.

#10 ·
Got it all fixed up and tuned. New radio's in too although I have no pictures to show. Put down 276/291 on a mustang dyno in 95 degree heat. It hits something crazy like 170wtq at 2500rpms though so I totally love my square power curve. Got a grippy clutch and a 6-speed to love it with so lets just say my gas mileage has been poor of late ;)

#12 ·
I agree with stagger, and everyone else that says about either waiting, or getting at least the 16G. You might as well get what you want the first time, and do it right the first time. But ultimately it is your car, your time and money, you got to do what is right for you.

#15 ·
Ok, I paid $925 for my VF34 through Gruppe-S and got it in 3 days. I really enjoy the VF34, that's because I wasn't just settling. It will give me the power range I want for now. Later, I'll just build a whole new engine to get the extremely insane amount of power I want. Yes I'm a boost junkie and I'm proud of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.