vacuum preasure - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

subiwvu is an unknown
vacuum preasure

Just got a 05 wrx with 70000 miles on it runs great, has a aps cold air intake, turbo xs bov, apexi turbo time and turbosmart boost controller. the other day check engine light came on and i got the code run. the subi dealer told me that the codes read that my exhaust temp was running too high and the credited it to the boost controller. the vacuum pressure is reading at about 12- 13 at idle and i know due to elevation im in i should be running about 20. I know it could be a leak somewhere but with the temp issue coming up the dealer was thinking it could be a backed up exhaust or cat. Due to federal law i can get the cat replaced for free but im worried that wont be the issue. has anyone seen this problem before or have any ideas about what it could be??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
All those mods, take them off. They are slowly killing your new to you WRX.

A clogged up cat could cause the engine to not pull enough vacuum, but I'd get that boost controller, bov and intake off the car until you get it tuned. Then you can check for leaks, which is what I would guess it is over a cat.

-Chris
#3 Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

subiwvu is an unknown
yeah ive been reading that everywhere. my last car was a 2.0t audi a3 that i had a flash done to before i started any mods and i was told the same thing about that car. i want to get everything off i just cant find any site that sells the stock intake, i really want to get the CAI off because out of everything ive read thats the worst for my car cause its leaning it out. i plan on keeping it though cause i know its a nice system, i want to get the boost controller off too, but not completely sure what parts i will need to replace it, its just a manual turbosmart boost tee. i have a Blitz Nur-Spec R cat back lined up and im searching for a catless downpipe to start with future plans on a equal length header before i get it tuned. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
#4 Old 02-19-2011, 12:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Stock intakes are ALL over NASIOC. Any 04-07 should work.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#5 Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiwvu View Post
The vacuum pressure is reading at about 12- 13 at idle
That is a complete oxymoron. Get a catless up-pipe and some engine management.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#6 Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

phatmike0704 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to phatmike0704 Send a message via Yahoo to phatmike0704
correct vacuum should be 18-23, thers a leak somewhere