Subaru WRX Forum banner

Uppipe suggestions?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  04paulieWRX 
#1 ·
There are a ton of uppipes for sale. Some with EGT bungs, some without. I read in a guide on here that the EGT should be put on cylinder 3's outlet.

Any suggestions? I was considering the HKS. Is there a place to buy them cheaper? I saw rallysportdirect selling it for $167. Another site, selling it for $106.

Thanks!

#2 ·
The only advice I can offer is try to go with a brand name. I haven't done this mod myself, but I've heard stories of cheap-o eBay knock off pipes leaking or breaking. It doesn't sound like the most fun job to swap it out anyway, so I'd make sure to do it right the first time.

#4 ·
some companies make headers and an uppipe as one unit. I have always wanted to try one of these out as you are killing 2 birds with one stone and reducing the chances of leaks... just a thought

If you insist on an UPPIPE, i suggest you consider if you want to go EWG or not, cus that is the piece that is going to matter when and if EWG time comes around for you.

If not, just get one with a flex section, i think that is the most important feature. Thick flanges dont hurt either :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.