Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-On Tech (EJ205 2.0L '02-05 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   Upipe egt hole What size bolt? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/upipe-egt-hole-what-size-bolt-31613/)

ejs0806 11-14-2011 04:19 PM

Upipe egt hole What size bolt?

Hey guys just got my invidia uppipe, i dont think i have factory egt becuase i dont have any gauges. What can i use to plug up the hole on the ividia?? sadley it didnt come with anything so im kinda lost can i just go to home depot and find a bolt that threads in and just loctite the hell outta it? Whats everyone else doing with em?

Chase 11-14-2011 05:15 PM

Not sure, but you should still have that egt probe on even a bone stock car. Look toward the windshield of the passenger side engine bay mounted high there should be a few electrical connectors. egt is Gray and has a cord that goes down to plug in to that thread.

wagonracer 11-14-2011 05:19 PM

The stock UP has an EGT sensor in it, so what you do is put that in the new UP and research what value resistor you need to get from radio shack to prevent the inevitable EGT code. Look for EGT resistor fix. It's a $.29 part !Thumbs Up

That being said you can, always take the UP to a hardware store and find a bolt that fits the bung, but you'll still need the resistor fix.

BTW, I don't recommend installing that in an '02 without EM, as it can cause "bad things" to happen to piston #3

Research, then mod....

ejs0806 11-14-2011 06:06 PM

thanks guys i just didnt think i did becuase i have no gauges. and i already read up on the resistor needed could i also do that for the 02 sensor?? (I already have a CEL from no cat in the down pipe lol) if not no biggy EM will clear that up anyway im getting a cobb this weekend aswell if this one works. found another great deal on a local one. I thought the bad thing happened with #3 with an intake?? Damn this sh*ts getting hard to keep up with lol

ejs0806 11-14-2011 06:20 PM

[quote=wagonracer;271175]The stock UP has an EGT sensor in it, so what you do is put that in the new UP and research what value resistor you need to get from radio shack to prevent the inevitable EGT code. Look for EGT resistor fix. It's a $.29 part !Thumbs Up

That being said you can, always take the UP to a hardware store and find a bolt that fits the bung, but you'll still need the resistor fix.

BTW, I don't recommend installing that in an '02 without EM, as it can cause "bad things" to happen to piston #3

Research, then mod....[/quote]

Also my cars an 03:) i dont think that makes a diff but i first made the account before going to pick up an 02 i was gunna buy to find out more before going to cali to buy it bottom line is i wasted a weekend of time and $$ driving out there for it to be a piece.. It looked good but you could clearly see the car wasnt cared for etc... so i bought a stock 03 instead

wagonracer 11-14-2011 06:22 PM

Flash it to stage 2 with the AP and it will be "all good". The performance gains are noticeable, and it will fix your o2 sensor code (assuming it's the downstream one) It will also prevent damage from running too lean with the catless UP. Have fun

ejs0806 11-14-2011 06:28 PM

[quote=wagonracer;271182]Flash it to stage 2 with the AP and it will be "all good". The performance gains are noticeable, and it will fix your o2 sensor code (assuming it's the downstream one) It will also prevent damage from running too lean with the catless UP. Have fun[/quote]

Yeah thats the plan.. im hoping it will be a stupid noticable powergain where its night and day difference

ride5000 02-07-2012 01:07 PM

[quote=wagonracer;271182]Flash it to stage 2 with the AP and it will be "all good". The performance gains are noticeable, and it will fix your o2 sensor code (assuming it's the downstream one) It will also prevent damage from running too lean with the catless UP. Have fun[/quote]

fwiw, catless up pipes don't make cars run lean.

Klone 03-22-2012 11:58 PM

^^ i second that haha