Up Pipe O2 sensor? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dexatron is an unknown
Up Pipe O2 sensor?

First of all Hi to everyone!!!

I picked up a high mileage bugeye last week that has issues. I pulled the engine to swap the clutch which the previous owner was nice enough to throw in. Grip clutch + lightened flywheel.

Taking off the exhaust was a bear as all the bolts below the engine had frozen and stripped, so I pretty much chopped the shielding off to get at the bolts. Turbo cover was more of the same.

I happen to have a v4 sti exhaust / up-pipe that I wand to use in place of the wrx one. I can do the 2.2K resistor mod for the egt sensor, but do I have to put the O2 sensor back in the up pipe (weld in a bung), or can it get relocated / modded?

this motor was the first one that I've seen where the timing belt tensioner was shot. I don't know how I got the car home without skipping teeth, I could move the belt about 3/4 inch with my fingers! I swapped out the belt and tensioner and now the timing is back to dead on, but I have to figure out the up-pipe situation.

Lol and the cat-back exhaust is a piece of 3" stainless running all the way back, sure sounds pretty

Thanks for listening and let me know if you have any suggestions!

Dex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2011, 07:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
O2 should be in the manifold and the downpipe right before the cats. Are you talking about the EGT probe?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #3 of 5 Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dexatron is an unknown
nope, the O2 sensor in the manifold, sorry I said it wrong, looks like I'll have to make a mount for the o2 sensor because the v4 sti has the first o2 sensor in the down pipe. I might just use the sti up pipe with the wrx manifold...
post #4 of 5 Old 01-09-2012, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dexatron is an unknown
I ended up using a v4 Uppipe with the rest of the WRX manifold. I did the 2.2K resistor in the EGT plugin and it worked fine.

Got the engine back in with new clutch and it started up great.

But now I have a turbo coolant leak!!! I hope its just a bad hose clamp under the turbo, but I'm going to have to get a closer look to see exactly where the leak is.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Mine seem to always be the crush washers. I never can seem to get them at just the right tightness... Glad to hear this worked out for you though. What type of EM are you running?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement