Up pipe gaskets - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
Up pipe gaskets

What gaskets do i actually need when replacing an up pipe? my invidia finally came after a month! I have no idea what gaskets are needed and couldnt find a simple answer. Could i us the right stuff gasket maker or is that a no go because of it being on the block? I had heard it was good stuff and used it for the down pipe to mid pipe gasket and the mid pipe to rear and it worked great i have 0 leaks but could i do this on the up pipe or no?? Also if not could someone list me off the gaskets im actually going to use? Also does the up-pipe actually change sound at all??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Here's what you need in this link:
GrimmSpeed Either these, or get them from the dealer. Do it right, or pay somebody else to do it right. Gasket maker is not an option

Cullen
#3 Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
Here's what you need in this link:
GrimmSpeed Either these, or get them from the dealer. Do it right, or pay somebody else to do it right. Gasket maker is not an option
Thanks what ones do i specifically need?? Engine to exhaust manifold, exhaust manifold to cross pipe, and exhaust manifold to upipe, then uppipe turbo?? im gunna grab em from the dealer this week. I liked the idea for gasket maker for the rear part of my exhaust cus its on and off a lot. I put it on last weekend and its already coming off again because its to quite and im gunna get rid of the resonator i think depending on how it sounds with uppipe. I bought legit gaskets for down pipe etc...
#4 Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Head to exhaust manifold, exhaust manifold to up pipe, up pipe to turbo, downpipe to turbo. All in you'll be getting six gaskets. You need the downpipe-turbo gasket because you need to pull the dp to remove the up pipe bolts.

-Chris
#5 Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Head to exhaust manifold, exhaust manifold to up pipe, up pipe to turbo, downpipe to turbo. All in you'll be getting six gaskets. You need the downpipe-turbo gasket because you need to pull the dp to remove the up pipe bolts.

Damn never thought of that alright thanks I guess ill just order it from grim speed it will probably be cheaper then the dealer for better stuff anyway
#6 Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
Why would I need 6 gaskets? Would'nt I just need 3?

-Derek
#7 Old 12-27-2011, 05:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If you are just replacing the UP, yes.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#8 Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
Sorry to jack this thread, but if I were to use these instructions, http://www.scoobymods.com/showthread...49.html?t=6649 would I just need the Uppipe to Turbo, Uppipe to Manifold, and Turbo to Downpipe like it says? Or do I need the Exhaust manifold to Head also? 2 of them? And what about the crosspipe?

-Derek