Subaru WRX Forum banner

UP/DP question

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  blackZnWRX 
#1 ·
Sup everyone,

I just purchased a 03' wrx. it already has a Blitz Nur spec exhaust on it and i am looking to get to stage 2 soon. I'm looking at installing a helix up pipe and down pipe to finish off the exhaust but am a little worried about not passing emissions. Will this be a problem or do you guys think i will be ok. i know it is kinda hard to say being emissions requirements are different by location. I live in PA if that helps at all.

Also would there be a better combo than a helix/helix with the nur spec exhaust?

Sorry for all the questions, and yes i am very new at this...lol

#2 ·
well first off welcome fellow bug-eye...

If you want to pass emmisions for sure just reinstall your stock exhaust when it comes time to do the emissions...you should be able to get away with just a downpipe cat.

#7 ·
Bellmouth: Just one big opening that takes all the exhaust coming out of the turbo and the wastegate.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Divorced: Two separate pipes that come together later in the exhaust system. One takes all of the exhaust coming from the turbo and the smaller one takes all the exhaust from the wastegate. The divorced is said to make more power because there is less turbulence in the flow of air.

#11 ·
Here in PA, 96 and newer cars are odbII equiped, they are tested by hooking up the 16 pin connector and scanning the E.C.M. for codes. on 95 and older cars, they run what is called ASM 50/15 (50% load at 15mph). but even if your car was 95 or older because it's all-wheel drive your car would run a two-speed idle test(2500rpm's then idle). You now can get away(not saying legal) with not having any converters on your car, as long as your M.I.L is not on. And no your can't just take the light out.(Saw somewhere in another post)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.