Subaru WRX Forum banner

Typhoon Intake

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  9d2TSi 
#1 ·
I was paging through an issue of road and track and i saw an add for the k&n typhoon intake and it said 12 hp to the wheels on and sti and the site said the same for regular wrx. does anybody have one or know anything about it?

#5 ·
I have one for sale if you're interested. Hardly used. I'm going back to the stock airbox when I start tuning my UTEC.

Let me know if you're interested.

#10 ·
knot04 said:
just curious, why are you reverting back to the factory air box, when you can maximize your K&N with the UTEC?
Unless you are pushing over 300hp the stock air box (especialy with a drop-in high flow filter) is just not enough of a restriction quite yet.Plus the stock box is engineered quite well.Has anyone noticed the velocity stack right befor the MAF?

#11 ·
Sorry Matt, I've had it in the classifieds for a while now, just thought that I'd offer.

Anyways, I don't really feel the need for it. I'm not really pressed to sell it and I don't want any screwy maf readings when I'm tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.