Subaru WRX Forum banner

Txs Rfl-h

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  FaB WrX 
#1 ·
Any word on this BOV... Does it sufficient blow off high psi's without surging the compressor and work well with FMIC's...

thanks

#4 ·
i'm all confused now..

I was looking on NASIOC and somebody put I think the HKS or maybe it was the Greddy type s (actually now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure it was the Greddy type S) BOV on there ride with big turbo and big FMIC and it was causing bad surge to the compressor wheel... So he took it off and was selling it.

I got the RFL type-h from TXS... I don't care for the look of the HKS SSQV...

thanks though...

#7 ·
Yep I just put mine in last night. It's not like earbusting loud, you can still drive the car normal and not wake the neighbors, but when you're in the high rpm range, it's a totally different story!

Bottom line, I love it, too! :-D

#9 ·
they are people that dont know how to install it.....

i have installed about ten of them on different cars, and in different configurations. i have never had a clearance issue with the RFL (well...there was an issue on an SRT4, but that was because i was custom making a hardpipe for it, and we had to relocate....)

#11 ·
not really....just when you have the adaptor plate, you will need to assemble it before you install it on the car. there are three setscrews with locknuts....you want the horn to be perpendicular to the straight side of the adaptor. aim it to the hood...it is the most clearance for the bolts. but if you aim it off to the drivers side, it is a little louder.. :D

#13 ·
Looks like i will buy one too, but if u guys know any good places to get it from on the internet, please let me know.

Also since the TXS Type H RFL vents it all into the atmosphere, what should i do to the recirculating hose? leave it open or put some tape over it etc.... ?

#14 ·
Rfl

comes with a plug for that pipe...

just my .02 here...... but i removed my RFL, i didn't care for it, the way the car ran and not venting into the intake....

i realize some people like it and swear by it...

matter of fact... if you so desire... i will sell you mine for less than you could purchase a new one (retail is $189 i believe for the valve and the WRX adaptor flange is $39 extra)

its in perfect condition and i barely used it for 500 miles, and have all the parts and pieces for it.... nothing wrong with it, i just didn't care for it....

let me know if you're interested... its dead weight, waisted $$ just sitting on my workbench.

Ron

#19 ·
Check out the dual stage bov at worxtuning.com; I got a couple of months ago and I'm extremely impressed by the sound, worksmanship and quality. Read the reviews on their website. It is a little spendy, but you can't even compare it to the txs which I had before.

It has 5 adustable settings, from full vent to full recirc.

D

#21 ·
ok....

i looked at it... looks pretty quality... i'm going to give it a shot... i like the stock BOV but since it leaks above 20 psi, i need something that will hold better... this one looks nice since it vents back to intake at low boost levels, but blows off in full or just partially depending on how you set it at high boost levels... its pretty much like a super sequential only made specific for WRX with ability to vent back to intake...

i'll let ya know how it goes...

thanks again...

#22 ·
You do get some afterfire with full vent; I personally have it set 75% recirc and 25% vent. I can't feel any studder or hesitation between shifts plus I get a nice psst sound. Trust me, you will be impressed with this bov. I can only say one thing about the txs type h, it totally sucks. There's a LOT of hesitation between shifts, it makes the car run extremely rich (to the point were the inside of my exhaust tips got black) plus it afterfires every 3 minutes.

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.