TurboXS UTEC - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 Old 10-09-2004, 08:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

yelWRXlow1 is an unknown
My favorite part of the UTEC manual is where it says something like......"Warning, the UTEC provides more that enough control for you to DESTROY your engine"......YIKES, hahahahaha......that should be enough for anyone to read the manual before they try to do it thierselves....i know im not confident yet, so i had mine tuned for me, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 10-12-2004, 11:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

DSMtuner is an unknown
What kind of HP gains do you see with this Turbo XS Utec unit. 3" exaust up pipe down pipe, 18psi. also what is needed for the proper set up and tuning the Utec and seeing your perameters. Is an EGT gauge needed? and how much will this improve my 1/4 mile time? i havnt ran a 1/4 mile yet, but i am just curiouse on what people are running for times without the utec then installing the Utec.
Thanks
post #18 of 18 Old 10-13-2004, 08:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Well, that's a hard question to answer since there is so much you can do with a UTEC. You can tune it close to stock and see almost no gains. You can tune it conservatively and loose power, or you can tune it aggressively and make power. And, how aggressifely you tune it will determine how much power you will make. And, all cars are different. My car on 18 psi will make a different amount of power than your car on 18 psi (with all other mods being equal). Likewise, all cars can't run the same map safely.

You do need at minimum an EGT gauge to tune it properly. However, a wideband O2 sensor in conjunction with an EGT gauge is the best way to go.

There is no way to say how much it will improve your ¼ mile times. There are so many other factors to consider - driver skill, air temperature, traction, the condition of your clutch, etc. In fact, my car has run as much as a half second different going from a cool day to a warm day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement