Turbo upgrade time again.. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-12-2008, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBeast View Post
I honestly don't see how this could happen, I guess I will find out when I actually get boost. I've had my Jetta for like 4-5 months now, and trust me, i step on it a lot. And I don't feel it feeling slower at all. Maybe just a tad, sure I want more power, but I guess i'm just immune to this extreme want for more power. I just set a goal in power, and when I finally reach it, then i'm done.

It would be nice to get a VF Engenering Stage 3 superchager and pull 300whp out of my Jetta..... But the way i hold myself down is, be realistic....
you say you dont want it now but just wait. like someone else said its an unavoidable, never-ending cycle.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxecm is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrxecm
soo the 2003 wrx comes with a td04 turbo? because i was planning to upgrade with the td05 turbo. they said you dont need no modifications its perfect fit and all bolt on. would it damage my car if i only have a downpipe,catback exhaust, up pipe,headers ???
#18 Old 09-13-2008, 11:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
You would need to get protuned if you are upgrading the turbo too.
#19 Old 09-13-2008, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxecm is an unknown
so thats all ill have to do. protune it and it wont damage my car?..how much more hp would i get? sorry for the noob questions.
#20 Old 09-13-2008, 05:07 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxecm View Post
soo the 2003 wrx comes with a td04 turbo? because i was planning to upgrade with the td05 turbo. they said you dont need no modifications its perfect fit and all bolt on.
You will need bigger injector and engine management at the least.And your car comes with a type of TD04.TD04 is the turbo family.Stock turbo is a TD04L-13T.And asking how much hp this will make is a moot point when there are so many variables involved.You haven't even named the turbo you plan on using,just the turbo family.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#21 Old 09-13-2008, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

NJTeam_EJ is an unknown
get a fp 18g .. you wont be dissapointed
#22 Old 09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxecm is an unknown
yeah i said i wanna get the big 16g turbo. they said you dont need modifications though. they said you can run it stock and it will still give you hp gain.
#23 Old 09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxecm View Post
yeah i said i wanna get the big 16g turbo. they said you dont need modifications though. they said you can run it stock and it will still give you hp gain.
And that would be false.You will need a TBE,bigger injectors and a retune at the least.You said you wanted a TD05.There are about 10 different TDO5 configurations.

Turbo FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#24 Old 09-15-2008, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

BugEyedAWD is on thin ice
Send a message via MSN to BugEyedAWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Also....Gold rims weren't available on all of the models. Plus the big wing is easily fixable. But, I actually like it. Especially with the carbon fiber defuser above it.
its not only that. People price gouge on those around here. there is ONE single 04 STi sitting on the west side of town. 54k miles. for 26k. which is stupid considering i see them all the time with that many miles all over for 14 - 18k. id much rather keep my bugeye. : /
#25 Old 09-15-2008, 01:53 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
An STi for 14k... that's funny. What planet are you from?

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#26 Old 09-15-2008, 01:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well... i dont know guys. Im probably just going to do a lot more research on it before i decide. I might even just go ahead and replace my STi coilovers with aftermarkets. and think about it from there.

i might just save up and get a ej257 block or something and do it that way to get a bit more power.
#27 Old 09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
down in miami we get sti's on the road for about 10-12 grand through auction, my first wrx was only 6500 on the road with 43k miles..sure titles may be messed up but hey..we dont buy em if we cant fix them back properly...and sure we mite be using "hot parts" but who cares lol..when insurance gave me back 14000 after i totaled the first one i made quite a bit of money and i was sure to go sti..but i didnt have the time to wait without a car so i ended up buying another bugeye but im happy still
#28 Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Banged up and Repair titles is a different story. But, lord...17k for a STI. Better be loaded down with miles. A 05 out here with 68k miles was priced reduced twice and it was still selling for 19,5XX. Considered it, before I got my 06. But it looked like it was heavily mod'ed then returned to stock and the ride was bouncy as all hell. Granted a STI has a stiffer suspension. It didn't look lowered, but it bounced hard like it was riding on chopped springs. Which may me say no way....I'll keep looking.
#29 Old 09-16-2008, 12:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugEyedAWD View Post
id much rather keep my bugeye. : /
Agreed. They just look good, don't they?

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie
#30 Old 09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Banged up and Repair titles is a different story. But, lord...17k for a STI. Better be loaded down with miles. A 05 out here with 68k miles was priced reduced twice and it was still selling for 19,5XX. Considered it, before I got my 06. But it looked like it was heavily mod'ed then returned to stock and the ride was bouncy as all hell. Granted a STI has a stiffer suspension. It didn't look lowered, but it bounced hard like it was riding on chopped springs. Which may me say no way....I'll keep looking.
the STi suspension (based on my car which has 04 STi coil overs and the ones ive ridden in) have always been kind of bouncy when i rode in them. When driving. it felt smooth. I think thats just how they are.