turbo upgrade from Forced Performance - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

phast is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to phast
Forced Performance is not a JC Sprots. Those guys have been working on turbos for a while and have built up an awesome reputation in the DSM community.

I had an FP turbo. I sold it before I ever got it installed. I looked at it right next to my PE1820. The size of the turbine wheel and housing is no comparison. The stocker is tiny.
I think somewhere between 250-275whp is all the turbo is good for. Nothing to balk at... but I want MORE

Robert is a good guy. I think he got my turbo and then shipped it out UPs ground two days later. I bought another stocker so I didn't have to have any downtime.

-jay
02 wrx wagon
VF30 and NAWZ powah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

elgorey is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to elgorey
unfortunately just like any other turbo upgrade, you will have to upgrade the fuel system to take advantage of the turbo
Not as expensive as it used to be though, STi injectors can now be had for around $500
post #3 of 6 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to nekard
But will the factory fuel pump support the STi injectors?

2002 Silver WRX
Link Programmable ECU, TurboXS Stainless Steel Turbo-back exhaust, TurboXS BOV Type H, Black Samco Intercooler Hoses, 17x7.5" Rota Steel Grey Subzeros with Kumho Esta 235/45/R17 tiresPioneer Dehp9300
post #4 of 6 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

hypnoticwrx is an unknown
I just sold my turbo and the guy had me ship it straight to Forced Performance he was really excited about it and said he would keep me posted. I have read that you can run the stock fuel pump with a FPR, and injectors but it will put a lot of stress on the pump since it will push more. I would go with the injectors, fuel pump, and the FPR just to be on the safe side. Thanks.
Ivan
post #5 of 6 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to nekard
What exactly do they do to the turbo at FP? Would it be better to buy another turbo somewhere else or just get your factory reworked?

2002 Silver WRX
Link Programmable ECU, TurboXS Stainless Steel Turbo-back exhaust, TurboXS BOV Type H, Black Samco Intercooler Hoses, 17x7.5" Rota Steel Grey Subzeros with Kumho Esta 235/45/R17 tiresPioneer Dehp9300
post #6 of 6 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Darkstar is an unknown
turbo upgrade from Forced Performance

What is everyones general opinion of the turbo upgrade from Forced Performance? It is $595+ you send them a stock turbo, like your own. And they give you a 1 year warranty. Power potential is 330-340 8) . The price sounds right, but the down time would really hurt. Also, you need to be able to trust that you are going to get it back at the time they say it will be, if you get it back at all. Remember what happened with JC Sports. :evil:

What do you think?

One rex to rule them all, One rex to find them, One rex to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Subaru where the RE92s lie.