#1 · (Edited)
i just got my 02 wrx, already has the following mods

-perrin front mount
-perrin fuel rail
-sti 550cc fuel injectors
-255lph walbro fuel pump
-headers, catless uppipe, downpipe, 3" turbo back
-short ram intake

im selling my mustang ### i got the suby so ima put a bigger turbo, the guy had all this crap on it and has the stock turbo, runs crazy rich and isnt very fast at all

any helps appreciated thanks

#2 ·
Well he has put some quality stuff in the car. Your performance is suffereing from the FMIC. He has done all of the supporting mods for an upgraded turbo but he didnt upgrade the turbo... weird. Well lets see. The STi pink injectors (550cc) arent the highest flowing injectors out there. They would probably be at capacity with a BIG 16g, or VF34 or equivalent. As a reference, I am going to be purchasing an 18g, its capable of a little more HP than the BIG 16g, and I have looked around at what size injectors I need. It was recommended I get at LEAST 650cc injectors. I ended up getting ## 680cc injectors. Some people said the Pinks would work with an 18g but their duty cycle would be very high. If you are looking for 275-300awhp, I would look at the EVO III Big 16g, or the VF34, those are the two most common and best bang for buck.

After the turbo (or even before, which is probably best) I would invest in some sort of Engine Management. There are a few options. UTEC, ECUTek, Cobb Accessport, and OpenSource to name the more popular ones. Having engine management and a pro tuned map is crucial to a car with your mods/future mods.

#3 ·
There are so many questions that you need to answer before we can even come close to giving you any advice.. There are a million threads like this on here. Please search the forums before posting a technical question.. After searching you will see that we need to know what you want to do with the car (Drag, Circuit, Rally) and what your finaly goals are for power and what not.. With out more back ground info we can't help you..

Look in the "Frequently asked Questions" next time..

There is a post in there for this topic which provides turbo information for several turbos.. The information will give you the knowledge to make the right decision for your personal needs..

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20013

#4 ·
the guy did have a bigger turbo on it, but took it off and had the stock turbo put on when he sold it to me, so the ecu was flashed for the bigger one and now the car runs super rich and kinda slow, so instead of just getting it dynoed and reflashed i mite as well put a bigger turbo, just kinda scared to run more than stock boost ### i dont know what the car can take

#5 ·
More then likely he was running an STI turbo, but with out asking him to know for sure you will need a retune for what ever turbo you put on unless it's the same one he had on there..

#7 ·
the only place i found out here that will dyno and tune it charges like 800 bucks, so seems like a waste if i dont throw the bigger turbo on which i plan on doing anyway, car runs fine if i dont floor it ### then it floods, quick if i dont, he had that big "green" turbo on it, i think ima go with the EVO III Big 16g, but until then i just baby the dam car

#8 ·
If the previous owner ran an fp green with pinks, he was a freakin idiot. On top of that, he just slapped the stocker back on w/o a retune and sold the car? FREAKIN idiot. I say DON'T baby the car. Leave it at home and don't drive it. Find out what the heck the previous owner did, find out if the motor is still ok, and decide from there.

Btw, $800 is a rip off. Try to see if tim bailey will be around your area anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.