Turbo Help? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostedFury is an unknown
Turbo Help?

Well I'm about to upgrade my turbo really soon...my question was whether or not the 16G turbo bolts on directly to all factory lines or will i be required to buy separate water lines for the installation, I've been getting mix opinions on this? Like if I buy the 16G fr turbochargers.com will that turbo bolt on directly w/out problems? And will I need to upgrade my intercooler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2006, 12:17 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
you will need injectors, a bigger fuel pump, a bigger intercooler, some form of engine management. You will also probably want exhaust work namely a catless uppipe and aftermarket downpike and likely a cat-back exhaust.

so no, requires more than just an intercooler but yes, it does use the stock lines.
#3 Old 06-05-2006, 12:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

BoostedFury is an unknown
Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have TBE w/up-pipe installed and I have on hand sti pinks, fuel pump, and the money for a re-flash. I'm just trying to decide if I should get the 16G or not. I dont really have money to upgrade my intercooler just yet. Will it be really damaging to run my stock intercooler for a few months w/the 16G?
#4 Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
If you have a protune done, the tuner is going to set your car up aith a safe tune. Keep in mind that you won't be getting the most from your turbo, but once you upgrade your IC, you can re-tune and get better gains.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#5 Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
the stock WRX intercooler is really tiney man, you're best off sticking with the stock turbo until you can upgrade it. Even the stock turbo is somewhat limited by the stock intercooler
#6 Old 07-13-2006, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

LilSix is an unknown
Pinks are not recommended with a 16g. The only thing you need is larger banjo bolts. FP should be able to point you in the right direction.
#7 Old 07-14-2006, 06:10 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSix
Pinks are not recommended with a 16g. The only thing you need is larger banjo bolts. FP should be able to point you in the right direction.
Depends on what 16G your talking about.
small:510cfm
big: 550cfm
evo/super:575cfm

Pinks will be fine with the small and big 16G but some people like to have some headroom.It really comes down to your tuner and how much max boost you will run.

note: Subaru used pinks to fuel the earlier STi's with 16g's.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#8 Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

stileguy is an unknown
actually the wrx and sti with 16g turbos used grey side feeds on the wrx and yellow side feeds on the STI the greys were 380cc and the yellows were 440cc wrx didnt get end feeds till 2001 and the STI with pinks had vf34 or 35s depending on age.

Nothing makes Torque like 1.7Bar of Boost