Tuners.. I need advice!!!! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-16-2011, 10:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
I know looking at myself, I'm not in to bad a shape and I am well over 100k+ miles....Oh you guys are talking about cars...
I used to be a Subaru service rep and I know a TON of shops so I know what kind of volume of work that go thru them. It's very disheartening. Luckily (for other people) my car is one of the exceptions and doesn't reflect the average level of repairs. !Cry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-17-2011, 06:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
I used to be a Subaru service rep and I know a TON of shops so I know what kind of volume of work that go thru them. It's very disheartening. Luckily (for other people) my car is one of the exceptions and doesn't reflect the average level of repairs. !Cry!
You do realize that was sarcasm??? I've never really bought a turbocharged car that had anything close to 100k on the odometer. Then again I've owned at least 7 factory turbocharged cars in my life. Do miss my old '85 SVO Mustang.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#18 Old 11-17-2011, 09:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You need to check out my buddies builds Keith:

2.3 Turbo Notch (Quest for 11's)

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#19 Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
You need to check out my buddies builds Keith:

2.3 Turbo Notch (Quest for 11's)
:drool: Man that car looks beautiful in black. Man I wish I hadn't sold that car, but then again in this new day and age it would have been a collectors item. 11's won't be to hard I pulled mid 12's on mine without much work.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#20 Old 11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
He's cheap SOoooooooooooo he does it with "finesse"... hahahaha

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#21 Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 Rex is an unknown
100k is nothing. My bugeye has 213k boosting 15lbs daily driving and shes running strong. Loves to consume oil though but thats unavoidable.
#22 Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

thehubster is an unknown
I have never subscribed to the idea that 100,000 miles means a car is dead, or dieing. My friend has a Toyota Forunner with over 400,000 miles on the original engine. it was his grandpas before that. If you take care of a vehicle it will last forever!!! That is the hard par though. most people are not willing to put up the 300$ it will take to replace the timing belt when it needs to be done and then they are surprised 4 months later when they blow up their engine cause the timing belt snapped. I have a 2002 Ford Focus SVT that has 164,000 miles on it and i would drive it from texas to california and back tomorrow without giving it a second thought because i take care of it. The thing about buying a used car with that many miles is that you don't know what the other people have done to it. But if you get it and start taking care of it, kind of how this guys has done it, then i don't think there is any problem in buying a car with alot of miles on it. just my opinion.