Subaru WRX Forum banner

trying to find vf23 turbo

8K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  02wrxrice 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any idea where i might be able to find a vf23 turbo, new or used. preferably for under $2000. I am in need of a new turbo and would love to find one of these or something equivilent to it. As always, any information is greatly appreciated :)

#9 ·
Yes, it's a "bolt on" turbo, as much as any non-stock turbo is.

VF39/43/48 are all similar sized and considerably smaller than a VF23. You also said <$2000 which is a very high pricerange for a smallish or medium sized turbo.

If you are considering turbos of this size, you don't need cams.

#10 ·
Its not that i want a small turbo, i want one with potential to reach 350 whp while still holding a decently low boost threshold. At this point i am only aiming to reach 300hp due to the fact its a dd. thats why i was thinking the vf23, it fills the criteria i want to obtain. Also thank you for lettinge know i wont need the cams. that will definatly save me some time.

#11 ·
VF23 is not considerably larger than the ones I mentioned. It's smaller. It has a larger exhaust housing, but smaller compressor side. The modern VFs will make more power, though the 23 will be negligibly more responsive.

Another point is that you're only talking about a +/-10 whp difference between a VF24 (smallest Impreza VF turbo) an a VF22 (the largest Impreza VF turbo).

You don't need cams until you're pushing something closer to a 30R (100 hp more than you want to make).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.