tranny problems with my 04 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-31-2003, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

gverdinez is an unknown
Angry tranny problems with my 04

Ok everything was going good with my car intill the other day i drove it. When i shift into 4 gear it makes a grinding noise like I'am not using the clutch but when i shift it with just RPM's it dosent grind. What do yall think the problem is, I dont drive it hard and its a 04, so what should i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-01-2003, 01:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

TKOPerf is an unknown
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that it grinds when you shift it with the clutch, but doesn't when you shift it without the clutch? Give me details and I will try and help.

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-01-2003, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Yeah explain a little bit more. It should grind if you dont engage the clutch and try to shift. It might be your syncros. Try giving a little throttle as you shift, that usually gets them spinning right. Or you might have stripped a gear, pretty far fetched though.

Che
post #4 of 4 Old 09-02-2003, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

gverdinez is an unknown
Ok when i engage the clutch it grinds 95% of the time. Once and a while it works fine. And if i shift the car just using RPM's without engageing the clutch it works fine. It only grinds when i shift from 3rd to 4th. But when i shift down from 5th to 4th it dosent make any noise. Its just my 4th gear thats making the noise everthing else works good. Its not like I have to make alot of pressure to make it go in its just the sound thats pissing me off. Its makes the grinding sound and feels like when you dont engage the clutch all the way down and it grinds a little but it still goes in. Hope i explained it better any help will be good.