Ok, I feel like such a newb asking some of these questions but its bugging me and my friend ### theres just some things we wanna ask. And I was trying to put this post in the Newbie/General forum but it wouldnt let me post anything there.
Lets start with some of the WRX related questions.
1) I have a 2004 WRX and the kid I bought it from installed a shortthrow shifter (Im not sure what kind). It just seems really rough throwing it into gear, its short, but kinda rough. I had my bro try it and he said his he had on his Integra was smooth. Is it normal to be alittle rough? My hand hurts after driving hard for awhile.
2) Is it wise to downshift to first while you are still rolling? Its hard to push it into gear at like a 5mph roll and I think I heard somewhere you shouldnt put it in first unless your coming to a complete stop.
3) When Im driving hard and I go from first to second gear, and hit the gas, theres a really akward buck from the car, Im sure its just me not familiar with the car yet, but what am I doing wrong exactly?
4) What is the quietest turboback out there? I want a turboback, but I dont want to bring too much attention to myself, performance is better than sound to me.
5) Whats the average HP gain with a Turbo Back Exhaust?
6) I was reading another article where Vew(I think) painted his rims, it looked awesome. Has anyone painted their stock rims? If so, do u have any pics?
7) Whats everyones favorite online store for WRX parts?
8) Does anyone think racing stripes would look good on a blue wrx? Or any decals for that matter? Any pics?
9) Whats everyones favorite body kit for the WRX? Wheres the best place to buy one?
Okay.. I think thats all the WRX questions for today.
Now just the general knowledge questions.
1) Whats the tallest mountain in the world?
haha just kidding.. Seriously
1) What does DSM stand for?
2) What exactly is torque compared to horsepower, I can read what it is but Im too stupid to get it through my head. Like, if I gained 100lbs of torque, how differently would my car ride?
3) Where is the nearest 1/4 mile track from CT. And does it cost any money to go and see what your car can do?
4) Who lives in CT? I know of 2 people I think that post here from CT, are there any more?
5) Last but not least. What exactly does double clutching do? I hear everyone talk about how to do it, but, WHY do you do it? Whats the benefits?
Okay now that I feel like such a newb and I made everyone laugh
Id really like everyones opinions and $.02. Sorry for the long post and having it in the wrong spot.