Torque Converter Question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-24-2004, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

RPFRIDE is an unknown
Torque Converter Question

Im doing "research" into these. Does anyone know how it will affect daily driving habbits of the car. Some say feels like slippage during normal driving.
second, protorque or level ten references out there?
Im not unhappy with my a.t. but after reading, some say it cuts lag time down alot?
Important, does anyone know if this mod or any will increase the shift point of the my04a.t.? id be very happy with just having the shift point of the car higher so it is getting into boost without having to give massive amounts of right peddle. I understand these at computerized transmitions so should not be difficult to do this.
cheers

RPF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-24-2004, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

RPFRIDE is an unknown
ok did another search about this t.c. thing. Now i realy want one! Anyone want to buy a roush...lol
post #3 of 3 Old 10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Transdude is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPFRIDE
Im doing "research" into these. Does anyone know how it will affect daily driving habbits of the car. Some say feels like slippage during normal driving.
second, protorque or level ten references out there?
Im not unhappy with my a.t. but after reading, some say it cuts lag time down alot?
Important, does anyone know if this mod or any will increase the shift point of the my04a.t.? id be very happy with just having the shift point of the car higher so it is getting into boost without having to give massive amounts of right peddle. I understand these at computerized transmitions so should not be difficult to do this.
cheers

RPF
Hi Guys,

I found your site because of its sister site dsmtuners.com.

I'm new here but I feel qualified to answer your question.

A properly constructed performance converter will not significantly effect drivability and should reduce your et's dramatically, however, shift points will not be altered.

There are, however, many other ways to increase the performance of your automatic and to raise your shift points.

If anyone is interested, I can paste a link here to an article that I wrote explaining torque converter operation.

-John