TMIC vs. FMIC - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-12-2010, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

subyrex03 is an unknown
TMIC vs. FMIC

Okay new to this website. I've had my '03 since '04 and done some mods to it and was wondering what the threshold of an oversized TMIC is and when I should go to a FMIC? Also, I'm looking at an HDI Hybrid out of Australia. Does anyone know of somewhere I can get a FMIC piping kit from? That is if I go with it or not. Any info would be helpful! BTW, what i've done to the car is CAT delete w/ Invidia V3 down pipe and Bosal catback, AEM short ram, Oversized TMIC w/ GFB hybrid BOV, Manual Boost controller set at 17 psi, and a Exede piggyback with a stage 2 installed. I'm getting ready to intall a GT2835, modified injectors, fuel rails and a 255 pump. I'm probably going to put a water/metanol dual shot on. One in front of the turbo and one in front of the throttle body. Let me know if you can help! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Is the GT28 rotated? Im sorry its late and Im still trying to help. I know with my TD06-20G with a TurboXS TMIC running 20PSI on 92OCT (producing 326 AWHP from a mustang dyno) is not maxed out yet. Throttle response and lag is next to nothing with this setup and I honestly couldnt be happier.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 02-21-2010, 04:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
Your best option would be to find a tuner and talk to him about what your goals are. With the turbo you want to use, i would go with a top mount but see what your tuner has to say and go from there. You live in Phoenix like me and the front mount does help a bit with heat soak during our super hot summers. I have found out though that even with a front mount the heat of the summer will kill a ton of power unless running meth or high octane. With my 30r i still wonder what the difference would feel like with a top mount and some meth. Maybe once i get the funds i'll see. So in short, find a tuner and talk to him about what you want. If you need an idea of where to go, pm me and i can help.
#4 Old 03-03-2010, 05:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

terzo is an unknown
Stick 2 tmic mate, im a strong beleiver that there really is very little diff anyway when u look at lag vs heat soak with the 2 diff set ups. when u investigate it deeper youll find no concrete facts to prove one over the other anyway.lots of arguments provide pros and cons for both but since fitting a fmic includes lots of modifications i personally dont think its worth it and i have run both. spend your cash on a more worthwhile mod.
#5 Old 03-06-2010, 06:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

sivart08 is an unknown
tmic

im tryin to figure out if i have an after market tmic can any one give me the dimensions on the stock 03 i/c.. thanks
#6 Old 04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

SubieTech257 is an unknown
deff bigger tmic..if you have a good heat shield or if you wrap your turbo and downpipe with some header wrap that will help alot with the heat problem