TMIC confusion... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 Old 11-21-2008, 07:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You will lose a .5 max psi by putting it on now. I would start putting it on now anyways. You will need a new elbow and such anyways for the 16g. Don't run into a ton of "suprises" at the last minute installing it all.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBeast View Post
I think basically what mosc was saying is that it is safe. But you won't make any power. Which you already understand.
But wouldnt the sti IC help to cool the tdo4 a little more because it can intake more of a charge of air and keep temps down?

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
post #18 of 49 Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Well that was my assumption but apparently even in the tmic case you need a tune to reap any of the benefits,with the whole needing a tune for every little thing me and my subaru have started a love/hate relationship haha, I think the next car will deff be something a bit more simple with modding perhaps a camaro I've always wanted one not to sure about the difficulties with tuning and what not but I would imagine it loves Bolt on parts.

Dream Evil
post #19 of 49 Old 11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to awdturb
dreamevil hondas and nissans love bolt on parts.tuning is optional for them. there all about them, id rather see someone go that way then american...yuck...
post #20 of 49 Old 11-21-2008, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Nah I would never, ever, ever drive a honda ever even if some one gave it to me for free I would refuse. Nissans are nice but still I would take a camaro over those cars any day, I would have gotten a camaro over my wrx but with insurance and gas prices it just didn't make sense it wasn't a affordable move. If I could afford it and I was once again given the option of my wrx or camaro it would be a harder decision then it would have been before I bought my wrx because I didn't get to love the car but I think I would still pick the camaro over the wrx. Camaro is deff my favorite car nothing beats the sound of a 2002 camaro ss with straights on it.

Dream Evil
post #21 of 49 Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
All cars beneift from tuning, even N/A cars. Just not needed as much as with a subaru.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #22 of 49 Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

isd_intrepid is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to isd_intrepid
I'm probably
but wouldn't the fuel system starve at high rpms without the bigger fuel pump?
I'm also looking at putting a 16g in as well. kinda leaning towards the EVOIII 16g. and it was my understanding that to get the full benifit from it. you needed a bigger pump.
post #23 of 49 Old 11-23-2008, 12:06 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Exactly. The fuel pump is always a must when upgrading the Turbo, as well as injectors and the DP.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #24 of 49 Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by isd_intrepid View Post
I'm probably
but wouldn't the fuel system starve at high rpms without the bigger fuel pump?
I'm also looking at putting a 16g in as well. kinda leaning towards the EVOIII 16g. and it was my understanding that to get the full benifit from it. you needed a bigger pump.
Dreamevil's doing the cobb 16G map rather than going something bigger and needing a tune. Cobb doesn't make a map for the E3-16G. Now, if you've got a tuner in your area, that's not a problem.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #25 of 49 Old 11-23-2008, 02:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

isd_intrepid is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to isd_intrepid
"ha ha. you funny man Dr. Jones"
i live in Montucky. Tuners are a rare breed up here. So i guess i will have to take the same route.
I did look at Forced Performance 16g. price on it is within the range i'm happy to spend on this. one of the options is waste gate porting. since i am running without any "Cat's"
(No enforced emissions laws here) what does it mean by porting? And what is boost creep in simple terms?
post #26 of 49 Old 11-23-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Hey guys just a little update, I got the sti tmic in today it was kind of a pain in the butt but we got it in, Looks good I think I will take some pics soon, I also like randomly got a STI hood scoop I found some kid selling it for 80 dollars got it for 60 and it looks pretty nice not going to lie I am pretty happy with the appearance of my car right now, Should get some pics hopefully up today depends though I kind of have a busy day so maybe tomorrow.

Dream Evil
post #27 of 49 Old 11-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Good deal Dream. Some pics would be great when you get the chance.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #28 of 49 Old 11-23-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Yeah, Putting them up tomorrow, Just didn't have the time today i am about to pass out haha I've been on the run and working since 10am lol

Dream Evil
post #29 of 49 Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I'm just wondering how you got the STI hood scoop to fit. Unless it's a replica scoop made for your year hood. So, pics would be nice.

isd_intrepid: you could always get a e-tune. If you can log your car and send it into a tuner that is willing to e-tune it for you.
post #30 of 49 Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Nobody seems to like calling it an "STi hoodscoop" after the 04 came out but there was in fact a slightly larger scoop on the JDM STi for 01-02 (corresponds to 02-03 for us). Most people don't see it as big enough though and prefer replica versions of the 04-05 STi scoop stuffed onto the 02-03 WRX's fittment.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement