Subaru WRX Forum banner

Tial bov

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
can some one tell me about the tial bov........i was told i should get a tial but some people are syaing that there no good............what do you guys think?

#2 ·
BOV are bad and pointless on a WRX.

Tials are great valves, one o the best IMO but for the money you pay for one on a WRX unless your running stand alone EM you will either hurt your performance or just do nothing to it.

Read thne sticky about BOVs

#8 ·
1) Don't double post
2) Pushing 22PSI out of a "big" 16G is out of it's efficency range.
3) the stocker can handle 20PSI without issue.
4) Perrin makes a popular BPV that's reasonably priced and works great for rediculous PSI
5) Turbo inlet pipes aren't worth dick on a stock intercooler and most aftermarket intercooler will come with their own.

#10 ·
well, there are too many variants of the 16G to be specific. The only real way to know is to get a pressure/flowrate chart from the turbo and see for yourself. I'd wager 20PSI though is about all you'd want to milk out of the thing. It matters on your intake/intercooler some too. Eventually you just start getting more hot air.

I think the stocker would handle 22psi anyway. I haven't really heard of one poppin'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.