those with check engine light after removing cat, please read. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-26-2003, 10:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

duba-u-R-x is an unknown
those with check engine light after removing cat, please read.

yeah i just got my first check engine light after i did my custom 3 inch down pipe-back exaust, and like i thought the engine light came on a day later. will this code from rear o2 voltage differances cause any problems???? should i worry about it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-26-2003, 04:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
no it will cause no problem this ligths up to let you know you have a faulty cat ,but since you dont have it there theres no problem trythis i have a turbo xs complete if you run the car always on gears that your tach will stay over 3000 rpm all thetime the ligth wont come on but the problem is that you will almost never will use 5 gear because you will need to be fliying to put your car over 3000 rpms on 5 gear ,try that unplug the neg side of the batt. and put the ignititon switch on for 10 sec then put the switch off and reconect the pos cable by doing that you just reset the ecm you cleared the code so the light should be off now then run the car like i told you and you will see but if you still want to use the 5 gear for fuel economy then you will have to learn to ;ive w the ligth on .problem w this ligth being on is that if other thing hapens to the car that should trip the lamp on happen you wont know because the ligth is on allready,another way to fix the ligth problem is to get yourself a utec from turbo xs and problem solved
#3 Old 03-26-2003, 04:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

duba-u-R-x is an unknown
thanks that the answer i was looking for, very helpful!!! oh is there a way to check the codes without a diagnostic computer????
#4 Old 03-26-2003, 07:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
at least you will need a scanner obd2 type on gm and some ford you can use a device that blinks ligths in some sequence depending on the sequence is the code but i dont know if that will work on the suby
#5 Old 03-30-2003, 06:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

dolbnyc is an unknown
You need to install a MIL eliminator. its 25 bucks
it takes care of that CEL because you are missing a cat.
#6 Old 03-30-2003, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
i was told some times they work some times dont any way its cheaper the way i just described