Thermal R&D catback installed today - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-08-2006, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris Rx is an unknown
Thermal R&D catback installed today

i went out to palmdale today and had Thermal Research and Delevlopment make me a 3 inch catback. most of it was pre-made and he moved the pipe over alittle so it isnt so close to the differential, had a 4 1/2 inch tip installed.when my stock system was taken off, he had a put a lotus up on the lift real quick, so i got to move my car without catback system on it, OMG loud as hell!!!! sounded sick tho.anyways, the car sounds awesome, its not to loud at all, and it has a nice deep tone and doesnt sound ricy at all. i noticed more mid to top end, and the boost seemed to kick in sooner, im not sure tho, i only had the car for 5 days before putting the system on. i like it alot so i recomend this system, he has done other cars of mine before and if you can, look them up here in california. http://thermalrd.com/

im hoping to install very soon a helix downpipe with cat and cel fix, but im not sure what the install is going to cost me, and if i get the downpipe i might as well get the uppipe too, but im not sure what install costs on that too, so we will see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-08-2006, 07:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
Glad you like the cat-back. Just wondering if the cat-back is mandrel bent or if they used crush bending to make it? Also, what did it cost you?
#3 Old 03-08-2006, 11:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris Rx is an unknown
he gave me a special price, its manderal bent, he does all the polishing of the stainless steel there also. only 500 for the system, i found two websites that sell it for 679 or somthing like that, and his on his website is 700 i think. i cant find the link, but i found a website that shows all the exhaust systems for the wrx, and the hks gets like, 14hp and 13tq to the wheels, and thermal r&d gets 11 hp 12 tq to the wheels. i like it, i really want that downpipe and uppipe now
#4 Old 03-08-2006, 11:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chris Rx is an unknown
FOUND IT!!!!
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0212tur_exhaust/

not sure when its dated tho

and the system on that page wasnt the one i got, alittle dif, dif muffler, dif tip, very different i guess