Subaru WRX Forum banner

TGV Delete worth while?(stg... 3).

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
Just did a quick search to gather some info on this subject but I really did not find what I was looking for. Maybe I fail at search... Anyway, i'm curious if doing a TGV delete would be advantageous with my current power output.

The car has...

-VF39
-Big TMIC
-STi pinks
-Headers, no cats, 3" TBE
-GS 3 port
-OS tuned `265 whp.

So what do you think? For those of you with similar mods who have done this, did you notice a drop in low end TQ production? Driveability? If so, do you think a gain would outweigh the drawbacks? I can put up with just about anything in the name of power ;)

Thanks guys.

#3 ·
Personally I don't think JUST the TGV's are worth it.

BUT

If you did the whole kit and kaboodle like getting the phenolic spacers, port n polish n coat the intake manifold all at the same time with the deletes, then yes. It's an all day job hence the reason for doing all 3 things at once being worth it.

Also depends on who will do your TGV's and IM.... Some mate up better than others. PM me for a contact I have on IWSTI that does PnPnC on all this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.