TGV Delete Gaskets - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
TGV Delete Gaskets

Just a quick question. I just did my TGV delete since I got tired of my inlet not clearing the sensor when trying to attach it to my 20g, just smoothed the side where the butterfly was, not going to remove the divider plate, just knife edged it. My question is should I go with new OEM gaskets, or go to the Grimmspeed enlarged bore gaskets? Will it really make a difference that's worth waiting 3 days for them to arrive vs getting mine from the dealer in the morning?

Thanks, Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Either one works.
#3 Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
Awesome, looks like OEM will do me. One last thing, when i look up the TGV to Manifold gasket number(14075AA161) at my dealer, the oldest year it claims to be for is a 2004 FXT. I'm 99% positive they're all the same build right?
#4 Old 11-04-2012, 11:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
They are the same.
#5 Old 11-05-2012, 05:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You have wasted alot of time not completely clearing everything out of the TVG...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
You have wasted alot of time not completely clearing everything out of the TVG...
How is that exactly? I still ported the housing, just left the divider plate to insure proper fuel atomization. I could get out a bunch of fluid dynamics numbers but in the end, that plate results in a better fuel pattern overall, at least that's the consensus from the engineers I consulted on this.
#7 Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
That plate is only closed while the engine is warming up. TGV deletes are done to eliminate a restriction in the intake path, which happens to be the open butterfly valve. Without the motors to open and close them , you're not getting any better fuel atomization and you have loose valves.
#8 Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
TGV Delete FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

I have a GrimmSpeed 3mm phenolic gasket with one OEM gasket above it and one OEM gasket below it for good measure

As long as the problem is solved, a partial vs. full TGV delete job isn't a terribly big deal. People still argue about smooth vs. textured inner surfaces, but in the end, you're only talking about a several hp difference since the system was designed for emissions in US cars.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)