Subaru WRX Forum banner

Is a TBE w/o Engine Management Okay... Please Help!

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Bullit 
#1 ·
Okay so i already have the Borla "Hush" Catback system on my 06 WRX and I just received my Helix DP w/ CEL fix today and will be installing her tomorrow. Going completely cat-less:shhh:

My question is, is it safe to run a TBE and no engine management such as UTEC or the Cobb AP? Will it cause problems with my boost pressure that i should be aware of, or anything else that i should worry about?

All advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!Thumbs Up

#9 ·
+ 1 depends on where your from and how there laws are. Im going to fail BUT i got my stock exhaust in the garage waiting to be tossed on. Oh shit I just thought of something I g2 load my base map back onto the car b4 i take it to get inspected or I wont pass lol ROFL

Louder I would say yes.....Runs better YES !Thumbs Up DO IT! :sneaky:

#10 ·
Bigdogc said:
how can you run catless? isnt it illegal and you can pass emitions? also, does a catless exhaust make the wrx extremely loud. im highly contemplating running catless exhaust being an arrogant college student and all...!Thumbs Up
We don't have emissions testing here. Removing any working emissions equipment is illegal pretty much anywhere in the USA. Yes, the exhaust note will increase cosiderably depending on which exhaust that you choose. The Helix is pretty loud, but it comes with a silencer.

I'd say go for it, just keep the stock exhaust for inspection and testing. You should be ok. Don't go by any cops revving and you should be straight. They've followed me before without ever pulling me over, not only that, I live about 3 blocks from the police station.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.