Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-On Tech (EJ205 2.0L '02-05 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   T shape restrictor pill for 16G turbo (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/t-shape-restrictor-pill-16g-turbo-32823/)

CuriousGeorge 07-30-2012 07:40 PM

T shape restrictor pill for 16G turbo

So an am installing a 16G turbo on my wrx. The cobb map calls for a turbo T shape restrictor pill with a .052" opening for the turbo vacuum hose. So the question is were do i get one of these or does my old turbo have one on it?

newtothegame 07-30-2012 08:30 PM

If I recall you can actually drill out the pill already in there from the factory to the proper diameter. Its been awhile since I looked into that tho.

bad grocerygetter 07-31-2012 08:45 AM

Correct. I read a DIY thread somewhere, you may want to go to the dealership and pick up a couple of spares in case you f-up the one you have. It's a tiny drillbit. And you may want a tabletop mounted vice. Just Google drilling out restrictor pill for "x" turbo.

pzr2874 07-31-2012 11:00 AM

Get a few good bits as well... METAL bits

CuriousGeorge 07-31-2012 05:18 PM

COOL. Will do.

CuriousGeorge 08-10-2012 04:22 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok. so this is my first time posting pictures in a forum. I took pictures of how i used a basic piece from a local auto store to make a pressure pill that will fit in larger tubing. The 16G turbo requires larger connecting hose. this makes the hose to large for the stock pressure pill to fit in snugly. The white tube has a internal brass fitting that is similar the a pressure pill.

I had one of the hose connectors ( white tube ) drilled to .052" i inserted it into the larger tubing and clamped it in to place. I then put brass T piece in the middle and jammed a white tube with out the brass internal fitting into the bottom of the T hose. I then used the smaller vacume hose and attached it to the bottom of the White plastic tube. After that i used some electrical tape to make sure that it would not pop out.

I hope this helps for anyone who runs into this problem in the future.

Note: After instillation of god speed 16G turbo the downpipe and the cat back needed a extra couple of inches of piping for the two to connect. This was unnecessary with the previous stock turbo which it fit just fine with.

pzr2874 08-10-2012 06:29 AM

Nice job, hope it works for you.

One thing I would use is a clamp or ziptie instead of tape (stronger/cleaner).

CuriousGeorge 08-11-2012 01:35 AM

I agree zip tie or clamp is stronger but in this situation it just didn't do the job. cant zip tie metal onto plastic. Just took it out for a spin and holly hell is it a lot faster than before the turbo and injectors.