Subaru WRX Forum banner

Sti muffler on turboXS Stealthback?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bolonga 
#1 ·
Hi all, first time posting here! !Thumbs Up
So tonight I was planning on installing my new TurboXS Stealthbaack exhaust( 4 in down pipe, 3 in rest until muffler). The components were EXTREMELY rusted probably due to the fact that the car originally came from Maryland. Anyways when trying to bolt up the AEM mid section to my stock muffler I noticed 2 decent sized chips on my muffler flange on the top and bottom, not on the sides where the bolts go through. After tightening everything down I noticed that it doesn't exactly fit on very well. It seems like the muffler flange isn't big enough to even seal properly because the gasket even seems to have space left over. So my question is, if I get another muffler(looking to go for a stocker) will it fix that leftover space I have? I can't tell if I'm missing enough from those chips to make a difference. Also would a STI muffler work [better]? I've heard the STI piping is an extra .25 in bigger so I think that may help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.