Subaru WRX Forum banner

STi exhaust

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Overdrive23 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i have an 04 WRX and was wondering if i'd benefit if i got an sti exhaust (and if it would bolt on) instead of spending more on an aftermarket.

thanks !Thumbs Up !

#5 ·
new from the dealer it is expensive. used I picked up the STi muffler for a 100 smackers, it flows a little more than the wrx, that's about the only difference (and the STi has two resonators in the intermediate pipe). I got it because it's quiet, quiter than any aftermarket muff that's for sure.

#6 ·
If you are gonna do exhaust do a turboback. catback and all that will be more for sound not a noticable performance upgrade. Take it from me, I got a 3inch catback when i first started on my rex and i noticed ZERO increase in power.. and i wouldnt doubt if it dropped your torque some too. i ended up taking off my 3" catback..

#7 ·
ive got my stock catback still. i intend on keeping it that way for a while too. you dont need it for anything right away really. until youre flowing a whole lot it will do fine. i ran a 13.8 the other day with just a downpipe, uppipe, and temporary 15 psi boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.